Fram oil filter

dewie

Registered
Does anyone have the part number for a Fram oil filter? I'm trying to cross referance it to another make. Thanks guys/gals.

PH6018 I bet others knew it but didn't want to admit it! hey they work fine just change em on every oil drain.
lurk.gif

Are there any other filters besides oem that are good.  It looks like the Fram is crap and I don't want my engine to lose oil pressure.

Geez.

Where I'm at the Suzuki unit costs 20 bucks. I believe the parts guy should give me a handjob at that price.

Order the filters on line for about $8 or even less. Get four or five at a time to average out the shipping costs. Get the crush washers to go with 'em. $20? Jeez!

Unless you're overseas. Probably not much you can do about that.

Oh, and I wouldn't use a Fram for any amount of savings. Just not worth it. Oh the other hand I don't believe the OEM is a perfect filter, neither is the K&N.

Here is a link to a comparison of oil filters. I have to admit that after reading this, I still use the OEM filters. Not enough difference in them all to matter to me.

--Wag--

Well as to not get into another my oil is better thread. I have used fram for many years with no prob. my bikes have always been over the 50K mark when they got traded sold etc. valve train etc looked great. Most of you will never get to that on the ODO. Like oil just change it @ a set time for your usage. Zuke filters are made in ROC just like most. I have tried to find Wallyworld brand superteck! They are made by WIX which is as good as it gets.
lurk.gif

Stay on the schedule for oil changes and you can use just about any oil filter..

There are really no "bad" filters... But there are some strangely over priced units.. (marketing hype I guess)

I do like WIX myself..

Stay on the schedule for oil changes and you can use just about any oil filter..  

There are really no "bad" filters...  But there are some strangely over priced units.. (marketing hype I guess)

I do like WIX myself..
Some filters actually will protect down to 2 microns

that is not always better... if you have a full flow filter, you do not want that tight of a filter ..

My point is that you do more by keeping the oil changed than by the filter you buy..

No bad filters... I have read several independant studies (what ever that means) and from what I recall, FRAM was at the bottom of the list. Up top was the Purolater PureOne, then the normal Purolater, I think WIX was pretty high up there as well. I use the K&N, and was surprised that it wasn't at the top, but I like the 17mm nut type of adapter used to tighen and loosen the filter, and it's easy to safety wire...

Thanks for the help fellers. Never been a fan of Fram and I read somewhere Fram was the cause of a death because the filter let go and the rider went down.
I'll stick with my Baldwin.

ROC - AS in Republic of China. Where OEM filters are made. OEM filter costs me $10.99 in Tx. You are getting F'ed if you are payin' $20. I also like HiFlo filters.P/N HF138. $6.99 for those here in Tx.
beerchug.gif

Make a list of compatible filters and see what your local auto parts store has. Personally, Fram should only be on your list for cross reference.

buy a junk AKA cheep filter and end up with a junk motor! A friend of mine used one and the filter blew off when making a high speed pass on a car. He was lucky not to have gone down with the oiled back tire. He did trash his GXR1100 motor from lack of oil. He did say the filter got tight and then went loose and got tight again as he put it on. I would call that a clue... thread size of the filter was off just a little big.

Back