FRAM-The Worst Oil Filter Ever

I work very hard to EARN the money.... Im not gonna try to save 50-100 bucks on an oil change.... I get that some manufacturers claim that a person can go 10-15K miles from oil change to oil change.... but I don't trust synthetic oil that much.... and as far as a motorcycle is concerned.... just think about how hard those lil motors work/ and the revs they see.....
We run oil samples for every fleet vehicle we service. Generally I find the conventional oils start breaking down around 3,500 - 4,000 miles. The good quality synthetics like the Rotella, show minimal breakdown at the 8,000 miles we service them at. I can venture to believe that 10,000 is not a stretch.
I agree though on a motorcycle you don't want your oil breaking down and at high RPM's not circulating well. @mabupa and @Yellow09 are prob on the mark with their 5-6,500k service interval on the Busa. For me, the seasons are so short here in NY I rarely break 3-4k in a season. So I pretty much change my oil at the start of every season....But I do keep an eye and if I do get close to exceeding 4k I go ahead and change it. It just sucks when I do because It is like throwing away oil, as I still change it at the start of a new season. It is like my pre season ritual LOL.

We run oil samples for every fleet vehicle we service. Generally I find the conventional oils start breaking down around 3,500 - 4,000 miles. The good quality synthetics like the Rotella, show minimal breakdown at the 8,000 miles we service them at. I can venture to believe that 10,000 is not a stretch.
I agree though on a motorcycle you don't want your oil breaking down and at high RPM's not circulating well. @mabupa and @Yellow09 are prob on the mark with their 5-6,500k service interval on the Busa. For me, the seasons are so short here in NY I rarely break 3-4k in a season. So I pretty much change my oil at the start of every season....But I do keep an eye and if I do get close to exceeding 4k I go ahead and change it. It just sucks when I do because It is like throwing away oil, as I still change it at the start of a new season. It is like my pre season ritual LOL.
I just put rotella T6 on the busa and will put it on the concours as well. Everyone on the concours forum swears by it, so I’ll put 5k on it and test, just out of curiosity. At $20 a gallon, before their $7 dollars mail in rebate, can’t beat it for the quality synthetic it’s known to be.

Back