found on another site

superbusaman

Registered
hey guys, i was looking at the fz1 forum and found this:

I was riding with a group of sportbike guys that I had found out about through the local Yamaha dealer. This was the first time I had ridden with them. The weather was a little cold, with scattered rain showers, so I rode my FJR1300. It has much better weather protection!

There ended up being only five of us total. The five bikes were a 'Busa, ZRX1200, an R6, me, and a red '04 R1. We had a good time & found some great back roads to ride.

After we had ridden a couple of hours, the R1 rider asked me if I wanted to switch bikes! I was glad to trade since I have always wanted to try out the R1.

My riding looked pretty bad at first. My FZ1 is the closest thing to an R1 I have ridden. I was weaving all over the place at first trying to, one, find the foot pegs, and two, trying to adapt to the sensitive steering and weird riding position. I felt like I was going to fall over the top of the windshield!

At first, I fell way behind the pack. We were on a very twisty two lane highway that was posted at 50 mph. There were numerous 35 mph recommended corners, pretty much one after the other. I got so far behind the leader on the 'Busa stopped & waited for me to catch up. They were averaging way over 80 mph!

i think people that say the busa sucks in the twisties cant ride anyways. thought u guys might liek this

Not sure I understand what the guy is trying to say, but he sounds like he barely knows what a sportbike is;
"I felt like I was going to fall over the top of the windshield!"

<!--EDIT|Charlesbusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1112577472 -->

Actually, I think he was being complimentary to the Busa world. You have to cut any guy who posts his inabilities to the rest of the world some slack........As long as he does'nt break out into a verse of "We are the world!!! lol

agee with above. Ain't always easy to admit that you are nowhere near as good as you know you should be at something, especially when trying to fit in with a group of people that do know what they are talking about.

My take was that he was admitting the busa can lean much further and faster than the average sport-rider would believe. Good call on his part

I'd let him test ride mine. He had the good sense not to push a bike he was unfamiliar or uncomfortable on, he has great taste in bikes with both the 'Busa and FJR1300, and he isn't the punk egomaniac type that can only bark about how great a rider he is.

If you've ever ridden an R1 and hit the sensitive front brakes, you to will feel like you're going over the windshield unless you're the 90 lb dripping wet type.

Good post bro'.

Elliot

My friend & next door neighbor put a camera mount on his Ducati and got some really good footage of my wife & I on our Busa today, going through twisties and forever putting to rest the rumor that these bikes don't do well handling wise. Great clearance, agility, legendary acceleration add up to one stupendously good bike. We're going to try and figure out how to download the 8 mm tape footage and I'll post it here.

It was a little tough to get through, but I believe the writer was being very complimentary about the capabilities of the Busa.

My busa is lowered and stretched and it handles pretty well in the twisties. I got to really ride the curves yesterday with a Monster and Ninja 750 and aside from scraping my pipes a few times (little dips in the curves) the bike handled surprisenly well. Still have not rubbed in the tire all the way to the end of the chicken strips but then again the thing is 6 inches longer in the back
tounge.gif

He is talking good about the handling qualities of the busa
biggrin.gif
....Sensible dude

Rider sheds light how a spotsbike is ungangly until getting used to it. Don't think riding a standard bike first time would be as hard.
Heh was a nice Busa rider to keep him in the group by waiting.
Tip of iceburg about Busa poltics. How Busa sucks in twisties
laugh.gif
This stuff gets started by latest and greatest sportbike riders. That can't handle another bike out preforms theirs.
Have never heard so much trash talk since started riding a Busa. Bike before nearly every bike outpreformed it. No one said anything.

hey guys, i was looking at the fz1 forum and found this:

I was riding with a group of sportbike guys that I had found out about through the local Yamaha dealer. This was the first time I had ridden with them. The weather was a little cold, with scattered rain showers, so I rode my FJR1300. It has much better weather protection!

There ended up being only five of us total. The five bikes were a 'Busa, ZRX1200, an R6, me, and a red '04 R1. We had a good time & found some great back roads to ride.

After we had ridden a couple of hours, the R1 rider asked me if I wanted to switch bikes! I was glad to trade since I have always wanted to try out the R1.

My riding looked pretty bad at first. My FZ1 is the closest thing to an R1 I have ridden. I was weaving all over the place at first trying to, one, find the foot pegs, and two, trying to adapt to the sensitive steering and weird riding position. I felt like I was going to fall over the top of the windshield!

At first, I fell way behind the pack. We were on a very twisty two lane highway that was posted at 50 mph. There were numerous 35 mph recommended corners, pretty much one after the other. I got so far behind the leader on the 'Busa stopped & waited for me to catch up. They were averaging way over 80 mph!

i think people that say the busa sucks in the twisties cant ride anyways. thought u guys might liek this

Who said Busa's can't lean LOL

I've taken her down canyon roads w/ 5mph hair pins sliding the rear end around em. (see Thrasher or FastinPhoenix for doccumentation) No stips on the rear AT ALL!

However, Ya ain't gonna so the same to the front tire.

Busa can lean, it's all in the rider.

Good on ya for not pushing yer buddies bike into the guard rail.

Back