Ford EcoBoost Engines...Thoughts?

Yea! You helped alot. Thankfully the dealer was up front about everything...pretty much said he believed in a fair price instead of screwing people over "Because someone will find out sooner or later you screwed them and then you lost them as a customer after that" .....

That is so true. Hundreds of thousands of dollars spent on advertising cannot ever overcome bad word of mouth. Down here I deal with retirees all day long.
Burn one of them and they will bad mouth you at temple, at the hoa meeting, while playing bridge/canasta, while walking the dog blah blah blah. I had a customer here the other day who was bad mouthing the local dodge dealer. He was talking so bad so much I figured it had to have been recently so I asked him when that happened. He said about six years ago! So for the last six years he'd been telling his story of bad exp at dodge. No amount of money in advertising can overcome that.

Loving mine so far. Up to 1100 miles and pulled a small trailer with the two busas last weekend!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309294772.573104.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1309294813.506198.jpg

I just hope it doesn't get a bad rep by people adding tuners to them and blowing them up then... Look at what that did to the reputation of the 6.0 Powerstroke. If you leave that motor stock, it will last forever, but people just couldn't leave them stock. Boom..
I beg to differ...6.0 was rushed out to the market so Ford could save their share of the diesel because D-Max was taking over in rapid manner. Motor had a few imperfections and it showed. To make matters worse, technicians weren't up to par. I can go on forever about this topic. Those motors were a time grenade whether it was stock or modded. I almost bought an 06 today but i opted out for an 08.
With tuners, and Ford already saying they won't warranty tuning this will happen to the EcoBoost as well.. Ford didn't kill the 6.0L powerstroke, the aftermarket community did. :banghead:
Aftermarket community might have damaged it but...It wasn't the tuners that screwed things up, it was the owner who were running HOT tunes with no additional mods. Aftermarket community is what SAVED the 6.0 in the end all due to effort of peeps like ARP, Black Onyx and etc.

Let me give you an example...There was a fella in Atlanta that owned a fleet of ambulances. One hot day there were 27 units out of the road, only 6 of them were functional by the next day. All ambulances were '03 6.0 Powerstroke powered. I highly doubt that his fleet was tuned by Diablo, MAXX, Spartan or etc.

Back