Ford EcoBoost Engines...Thoughts?

What competition?

+1

sent from my bag phone

uploadfromtaptalk1307190864616.jpg

After doing some research, once my 1992 F-150 with nearly 200K miles on it dies, I will be getting an Eco-boost F-150.

Thanks for the info on this truck.

Ya, I think that filling your tank for an hour is not realistic, but it is interesting that they got another 10 gallons into the tank/system. At 70 MPH they were getting nearly 23 MPG, that is pretty good for a big ass truck like that.

After doing some research, once my 1992 F-150 with nearly 200K miles on it dies, I will be getting an Eco-boost F-150.

Thanks for the info on this truck.
The way these ford trucks are, you'll have to wait another 100k miles! ;)
Posted via Mobile Device

Traded in my Jeep SRT8 today on one! I like it. Got 24mpg on the way home going 65. Better than the jeeps 13 going 65 on the way there lol:beerchug:

Traded in my Jeep SRT8 today on one! I like it. Got 24mpg on the way home going 65. Better than the jeeps 13 going 65 on the way there lol:beerchug:
I really want to like this post, but I LOVE SRT8 Cherokees, and I want one BADLY! SOOOO SEXY!

Figured as such.

We can't keep em in stock. I sold one to a guy in a Chevy 2500 yesterday.
Five inch lift kit and a ton of other manly mods. Five mins in the Ecoboost he was grinning ear to ear. Product sells itself.

Figured as such.

Five inch lift kit and a ton of other manly mods. Five mins in the Ecoboost he was grinning ear to ear. Product sells itself.

I have got a f250 powerstroke that I pull a trailer on a daily basis with, and the price of diesel is really starting to add up. I may have to head down your way in the near future :) The info I have been seeing on these new ecoboosts is very impressive.

Come to think of it, my wife was saying how much she likes the new Focus as well..... :whistle:

I have got a f250 powerstroke that I pull a trailer on a daily basis with, and the price of diesel is really starting to add up. I may have to head down your way in the near future :) The info I have been seeing on these new ecoboosts is very impressive.

Come to think of it, my wife was saying how much she likes the new Focus as well..... :whistle:

Sounds like a two car deal in the making :) the new 2012 Focus is flying outta here! Let me know when you wanna come.
I can at least show you that you are getting a fair deal from honest folks.

Figured as such.

Yup...I test drove one this weekend finally and thought it was great. Only thing i really didn't like was there was no feedback from the steering wheel it felt like. It went side to side with no resistance at all....made me feel like i was on ice...hard to explain...you would just have to try it.

Other than that it was great. Hardly any lag which i didn't expect.

Im getting quotes now and negotiating. I decided on just an XLT with the convenience, Tow, Chrome, and Plus packages....Black...3.55 limited slip...and 6.5 ft bed. They only seem to have the 5.5 ft bed though and none in black on the lot. The salesman seems intent on trying to get me to take another color with the 5.5 foot bed. He is at 36 on a 40k MSRP and 34 on a 37 MSRP....I'm just waiting until he goes down some more at this moment and debating on just waiting for the exact one i want.

My Audi S4 used to have dynamic steering, maybe they have a similar feature that you are not aware of? Basically, when your speed increased the steering would get just a bit stiffer to provide that sense of feedback. When you were cruising around in the parking lot, you could turn the wheel with your little finger.

Yup...I test drove one this weekend finally and thought it was great. Only thing i really didn't like was there was no feedback from the steering wheel it felt like. It went side to side with no resistance at all....made me feel like i was on ice...hard to explain...you would just have to try it.

Other than that it was great. Hardly any lag which i didn't expect.

Im getting quotes now and negotiating. I decided on just an XLT with the convenience, Tow, Chrome, and Plus packages....Black...3.55 limited slip...and 6.5 ft bed. They only seem to have the 5.5 ft bed though and none in black on the lot. The salesman seems intent on trying to get me to take another color with the 5.5 foot bed. He is at 36 on a 40k MSRP and 34 on a 37 MSRP....I'm just waiting until he goes down some more at this moment and debating on just waiting for the exact one i want.

Can you pm me the vin and what dealer it's at?
I'll pull the invoice and keep em honest for you.

My Audi S4 used to have dynamic steering, maybe they have a similar feature that you are not aware of? Basically, when your speed increased the steering would get just a bit stiffer to provide that sense of feedback. When you were cruising around in the parking lot, you could turn the wheel with your little finger.

On the Ford it's called EPAS-Electronic power assisted steering
2011 Ford F-150 Truck | It's Not Just a Pickup Truck. It's a Ford F-150. | Ford.com

Electric Power-Assisted Steering (EPAS)
Class-exclusive electrically power-assisted rack-and-pinion steering.*
Improves fuel economy by eliminating engine draw
Power drawn from battery only when needed
Speed-sensitive variable assist feature-This is what Silent was feeling maybe?
Standard on all engines except 6.2L V8

Back