For today, I will bring some of the island to you!

Pacific, i tried it and i must say it was very nice, i have also tried a few variations of it but still using your sauce as the base.
Tried it on some chicken wings and chicken pieces, ribs as well, becomes very nice once it has reduced to a thick sauce in the bottom of the pan. I placed the chicken onto a rack, basted it and the last 5mins of cooking i remove the rack let it sit in the sauce.
I have also tried it with some minced ginger in the recipe as well, that turned out well too.

VERY VERY GOOD! :thumbsup:

Awesome, my man...glad to hear! Yes...the ginger is another variation. Most excellent, most excellent indeed.

That is one of the common recipies that we use here on the island. Sooo...in essence you've pretty much tried what some of the coooking on Guam is like. Nice! :thumbsup:

Any pics? :rulez::laugh::D

No time for pics, it didn't last that long, it was only after i had eaten maybe 10 wings i thought to myself i should have taken photos. Same goes for the ribs, just couldn't wait to try them, the marinade produces an awesome smell when they cook. Mouth is watering just thinking about it.
i will however take some as soon as they come out of the cooker.
I made a small batch a couple of nights ago to put on some chicken pieces just as a baste, before i even had a chance to spoon any over the chicken my other half nearly drank it all.
I have also tried adding some "Smokey BBQ" sauce to the mix as well.

:lol: no kidding, huh? well, I'm glad that you're having fun with the recipe and enjoying it. :thumbsup:

perhaps we will enjoy some pics the next time you grill. :D

Alright, you hooligans...it's been over a year and I have yet to see new replies and failures/successes. How many of you have tried it? How many have succeeded? How many have had less-than-desirable results?

How many have taken pics? ???:poke:

Do you still have that white stuff on the ground? I think you guys called it "snow" or something...I'm not quite too sure. I'm too busy strolling around in my shorts, t-shirt and shades. With the windows rolled down in my truck, mind you. If I still had my bike, I'd be cruising, but alas, there is no steed in the stable. Oh well...I'll just make another fruity tropical drink and watch the waves.

But yeah....is there still that white stuff on the ground for you folks? ???:whistle::beerchug::laugh:

Heheh...just kidding. How have you all been? And seriously...anyone else given this a shot?

love you guys...
paul

what's going on Pac? you're letting way too much time go by between visits! i haven't tried the recipe (looks great!) but here's a pic of what was happening a couple nights ago, you're always welcome to come check it out :lol:

IMG-20120302-00047 (Large).jpg

How goes it my island brother? I didn't know you had put this recipe up, I will pass it on to the cheif cook and bottlewasher for her to prepare. No snow here, but we had a tornado a week ago, that wasn't very much fun....

For the gas grill guys you can take wood chips (soaked) and place them in an aluminum foil pouch, poke holes in the foil and throw on top of the grill surface (not with the flames). You may be able to get the onion effect if you mix with the wood. I've done this and it does put out some good smoke.

Back