The most bizare things you eat.....

Blow fish ( both cooked and raw ) in Japan
Reindeer and whale in Norway.
I envy you, fine sir. Damn!!  I gotta get me to Japan...and quick!

Forgot to add a couple of things to the list, too...

Fruit Bat -  called " fani'hi " here, but not exactly adventurous eating. Islanders here have been eating them for a while.

Cow tongue - not bad, although Big Wall's description makes me think twice now.

Shark - Good eats.

I'd like to try that rattlesnake, too. Sounds good.
You just reminded me that I had Horse tongue along with the blow fish.

I also forgot moose, man those were the best steaks ever!
Mmmm....moose steak! That sounds tasty! And horse tongue? Can't say that I've tried that before.

Is it like cow tongue?
I dont know what does cow tongue taste like?

Looks like I've tried about everything on the list at one time or another with exception of the Balut.. Fugging nasty...But if I was hungry enough I would.. I've eating worst out in the field..
How about HAGGIS??? Anyone else??? I love the stuff.. How wierd is that?? Its A traditional Scottish dish. Its bascially sheeps heart, lung, liver etc.. and barley oatmeal onions etc.. stuffed insides a sheeps stomach. Yeah I freaking wierd..
MY brother plays the bagpipes for the 42nd Highlanders and every year they have a big dinner and every year I go and scarf it down!!
Oh and I've had monkey brains before, but that was like 16yrs ago or so..

Worked in nothern Spain, tried Squid cooked in its own ink, looked like éngine oil and old rags , tasted ok.

Here in Germany its liver soup, looks like dog sh#t in dirty dish water, tastes similar.
laugh.gif

Blow fish ( both cooked and raw ) in Japan
Reindeer and whale in Norway.
I envy you, fine sir. Damn!!  I gotta get me to Japan...and quick!

Forgot to add a couple of things to the list, too...

Fruit Bat -  called " fani'hi " here, but not exactly adventurous eating. Islanders here have been eating them for a while.

Cow tongue - not bad, although Big Wall's description makes me think twice now.

Shark - Good eats.

I'd like to try that rattlesnake, too. Sounds good.
You just reminded me that I had Horse tongue along with the blow fish.

I also forgot moose, man those were the best steaks ever!
Mmmm....moose steak! That sounds tasty! And horse tongue? Can't say that I've tried that before.

Is it like cow tongue?
I dont know what does cow tongue taste like?
kinda interesting, really. It has a somewhat chewy/crunchy texture to it. I dunno how to explain the taste...but depending on how they prepare it, it's not too bad.

Kinda similar to eating a rooster's comb.

Dang! You're lucky, Big Wall...it's real hard to get the odd stuff out here.
Ya, there is a restaurant in the foothills above Denver called The Fort.  It is a sort of "mountain Man" restaurant with food from that period like rattle snake, deer, elk, etc.
Daaaamn...that is too cool! I wish they would have something like that here!

I'm all for trying out new stuff...it's just that it's damn near impossible to do it on this island.

If I'm ever in the area, I'll be sure to send you a shout, bud. Hopefully we can make a trip out to that place.
thumbs-up.gif

Back