For or against the 40th Busa

I have to give the SE and the AE two thimbs down, sheesh, I bought an 89 mustang 35th AE, and it came with some extras like, wheels, forged pistons and rods, higher compression, nicer interior, electric sliding sunroof, so on...what the SE and AE come wit? a ferkin black frame and an emblem? WTF? my 03 gixxer got a coated frame, it also has radial mounted calipers, 32 bit ECU, forks, etc... and its just a run of the mill gixxer. an emblem and paint? what gives? if suzuki can f### it up they will, they finally have a fully extruded frame and they coat it? hmmm....
Sorry twisted.....not tryin to bash ya here....but in 1989 you would have bought a 25th not a 35th......and the 25th Mustang had absolutely nothing whatsoever on it but small badges........no mods at all.

The pipe thing though.......the Busa's pipes do have to be changed.....they're ridiculous for a $10,000 sportbike.
There is a lot of detail things that are just not appropriate for a flagship bike...

-Sidestand
-Exhaust system
-fiddly switch gear
-seat quality
-weld quality

But whatcha going to do, I still love the beast...
True enough... But, this is what keeps the price down.

I was riding my 40th in a town that was about thirty miles from where I live and some friends saw the copper colored bike and chased me down to go for a ride. The color is very distinctive. I have grown to like it. However, after viewing the picture with the addition of chrome, I must admit that I think that the chrome really is great.
Jay

dang! all this time I thought I had a 35th anneversiry :-( <----weeeping. O well its a ford what can you expect. :-) but ya, I thought they should have put wheels on it too, different gauges? even if they had to charge a little more for the bike, it would make it stand out from the rest...your 40th year only comes once, and it takes 40 years, party it up I say...it is nice paint I have seen one in the sun :+*

I was riding my 40th in a town that was about thirty miles from where I live and some friends saw the copper colored bike and chased me down to go for a ride. The color is very distinctive. I have grown to like it. However, after viewing the picture with the addition of chrome, I must admit that I think that the chrome really is great.
Jay
Welcome to the board FJayR......another owner of my favorite Busa.
Congrats on the wicked purchase.

looks better in person than pics. It grows on you and I really like the color. wouldn't call it burnt orange as it's a more subtle orange-copper type color.
I have to agree with you here.  I saw one at my local dealership a few weeks ago.  It really does look a lot better in  person.
Here is a quick printshop of a 40th chromed out I made up one night.  It's a little rough but you get the idea.
64.jpg
Now that is one coooooool lookin machine

Jay
FJR,

perhaps you should have bought a Yamaha!! hehehe.

Welcome to the board and congrats on your most excellent choice of bikes!

-Rip

I love the blacked out frame. Wish
my 2000 Red/Gray came with it as
a stock item. Color is iffy though.
I do like it, but a cooler color for
the anniversary edition would have
been better.

suspect.gif

God, I leave for one week and now my bike is the center of attention. I love it. I get nothing but possitive comments on it. Even from some HD guys.

BusaOxy1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
God, I leave for one week and now my bike is the center of attention.  I love it.  I get nothing but possitive comments on it.  Even from some HD guys.
See this is what happens when folks get bored...

Lazerblade...I see you got your Mask plugged into the tank there bro...and I am sure the chicks Dig your BIG HOSE...But really man, them gas fumes are not healthy....

But on the other hand I'll pay you ten bucks to spend an evening cruizen around the strip with your lifesupport clicked on like that...Heh...

Or is that the new SUper CamelBack we've been hearing about? Dispenses 31 flavors right?
rock.gif

Later Bro...

Despite starting a new thread, there were a good deal of comments in this thread (40th anniversary) that pretty well put things into perspective...

this was a pathetic amount of effort for it being called anything special, let alone anniversary. This is nothing more than a "special paint" edition. Most motor companies put a lot of extras (i.e. requiring ENGINEERING) into "special edition" releases, not just different paint and a dandy 50-cent sticker...

*THAT* was the main point. Yes, the orange is neat, yes the black frame is neat, and both are worth the low increase of $200. All points I agree with, but all points that miss the main one...they should be ASHAMED that this is all they did for having called it a special edition...

At ***LEAST*** make it a race replica like Honda did with the Joe Camel replicas a few years back. (Yes, I know, nobody races busas, don't side-track). Now THOSE were actually unique, special, had one-of-a-kind paint *AND* a few engineering changes for those wannabes that wanted to pretend that they really owned a factory race bike...well worth the added hype, rarity and $$$ increase. Make the Busa 40th a no-limit, lowered beast that comes STOCK with a Yosh R3, K&N air and all factory retuned or something... Now THERE'S something special that warrants at least the 50-cent sticker

looks better in person than pics. It grows on you and I really like the color. wouldn't call it burnt orange as it's a more subtle orange-copper type color.
I have to agree with you here. I saw one at my local dealership a few weeks ago. It really does look a lot better in person.
Here is a quick printshop of a 40th chromed out I made up one night. It's a little rough but you get the idea.
Now that is one coooooool lookin machine
This is what it started out as. Not sure who's bike this is but I hope you don't mine me borrowing a few parts.
laugh.gif

I have to give the SE and the AE two thimbs down, sheesh, I bought an 89 mustang 35th AE, and it came with some extras like, wheels, forged pistons and rods, higher compression, nicer interior, electric sliding sunroof, so on...what the SE and AE come wit? a ferkin black frame and an emblem? WTF? my 03 gixxer got a coated frame, it also has radial mounted calipers, 32 bit ECU, forks, etc... and its just a run of the mill gixxer. an emblem and paint? what gives? if suzuki can f### it up they will, they finally have a fully extruded frame and they coat it? hmmm....
Sorry twisted.....not tryin to bash ya here....but in 1989 you would have bought a 25th not a 35th......and the 25th Mustang had absolutely nothing whatsoever on it but small badges........no mods at all.

The pipe thing though.......the Busa's pipes do have to be changed.....they're ridiculous for a $10,000 sportbike.
you must be mistaken about the stang? in 89 it came with forged pistons, higher compression, wheels, sliding sunroof, ac, power were all standard, I know cuz I bought one...not like it has anything to do with a bus though?

At ***LEAST*** make it a race replica like Honda did with the Joe Camel replicas a few years back. (Yes, I know, nobody races busas, don't side-track). Now THOSE were actually unique, special, had one-of-a-kind paint
huh? no body races busas? I beleive kirk does, and so does yosh, lets see maladdin against this monster with a semi compitent rider
wow.gif

My $0.02... I've got one of these 40th's. I actually wanted a '99 Copper... This is close in color and I shopped for a decent price as well. I like it and have made it my own.

firedevil.gif
Never satisfied with factory... I've only had it for 3 weeks and have got the mod fever. Little ones, I've also added some extra lights where the stock rear reflectors were.

corrodedalin_tail.JPG

Whom here doesn't love another Busa ?
No matter what colors it is .
I give it a thumbs up.

the se or the le are the best looking busa that i can remember off the showroom floor. I think alot of whether or not others liuke it has to do with how mush one wants to do to it in the future. If i wanted to leave it alone and not mod the #### out of it i think it would be my chioce because it is different, in my opinion any way. It looks awasome in person.:)

My Two Cents,

I like the Orange - I like the momochromatic color scheme even better, and wish Suzuki would offer more single color schemes and less decals and flash on future 'busas. I own a Silver and Grey '03, as i didn't think that I could live with the orange long term. I still like the "original" Copper/Silver scheme best of all.

Kent Sheldon

I have about 1,800 miles on my 40th Anniver. Busa and I really don't regret the purchase at all. I've had nothing but positive comments about it. It was soo cool last Saturday. I had it parked in a lot with about 30 other bikes and it was really attracting a crowd while my friends and I were eating. It definitely gets peoples attention.

Back