For or against the 40th Busa

monsterspeedfreak

Donating Member
Registered
Just wanted to start a thread for the 40th anniversary Busa, so we don't take away from "40thhayabuas's" thread.
This has been a hot topic in the new guys thread......sorry fer jackin yer thread 40thhayabusa!!!!
Personally I like the colour.
Fire away everyone.

It's a good color but there is so many other bikes that you can get in that color.

But if you look at other manufacturers when ever they do an annev. edition they do it one color.

Even in the off road world as honda did with there fourwheeler and KTM did with there new 200 a few years ago.

For some reason people seem to like the solid color because most bikes are so buzy that it takes a solid color to really be noticed right away. When they are looking for something that will stand out like that the simpiler it is the more it will stand out. So all and all they got done what they wanted. I mean look at us we are talking about it so they did there job. Got the name out there.

I personally would give the 40th Anniversary SE two thumbs up. I likeeee. I likeeee alot. Would love to see one once it's modded up and chromed out.
cool.gif

Brian

I'd like to see them do a race version(street legal) with sponsor stickers all over the plastics.  Maybe number it with the anniversary number or something.  Something like the gixxer telifonica

Ah The Great Pumpkin!!!

I love the black frame on my 02' SE. But I think Suzuki should have spent a little more time on the the 40th Anniversary and chromed the thing from the factory. The Black and orange just sticks in my head as the great Freakin Pumpkin... total halloween colors... I like it but they really should have thought a little harder about it...

I do not mind my thread gettin jacked around kind of nice to hear other opinions on the 40th bike. I did almost buy a 02 black falcon this spring but wanted the 40th when I saw early pics of it, I get alot of compliments on the color very unique.

Actually I saw one chromed out last year at Bikeweek 2002. I'm not sure whether someone had an inside scoop on the 40th or whether someone just the "burnt orange was a great orange, I mean great color (fruedian slip)
laugh.gif
..More likely the latter since there are several bikes that color in the area. The bike looked sweet and i believe it had a little more or larger metallic flake in it. Or maybe the the chrome bought out the colors more.

Either way I think suzuki did what they wanted (kept a four year old barely changed bike as a front runner in the market)
and for that i give em two
thumbs-up.gif
up

New to the board. Got the 40th a couple of weeks ago. looks better in person than pics. It grows on you and I really like the color. wouldn't call it burnt orange as it's a more subtle orange-copper type color. Offered $ 10,000 out the door and they took it so here I am.

New to the board. Got the 40th a couple of weeks ago. looks better in person than pics. It grows on you and I really like the color. wouldn't call it burnt orange as it's a more subtle orange-copper type color. Offered $ 10,000 out the door and they took it so here I am.
Welcome to the board truckman (and you too 40th)...

I think the orange is pretty fine... I wonder if it will get old after a bit though.

Appreciate it! I think at some point in time I will add some black throughout it (paint). I think with some creative black paint it could really, really stand tall!

I love the black frame most of all i think. Its something different than the polishing and chroming that everyone does. I want to get my 99 black/grey powder coated in black but I dont wanna lose the downtime right now of not being able to ride. SUCH SACRIFICES I TELL'YA
biggrin.gif

Welcome to the board TM you have a killer bike dude.
Congrats on the purchase.

I love the black frame most of all i think. Its something different than the polishing and chroming that everyone does. I want to get my 99 black/grey powder coated in black but I dont wanna lose the downtime right now of not being able to ride. SUCH SACRIFICES I TELL'YA
biggrin.gif
Hey.....we ride the same bikes....99 black/grey

Have yet to see one in person. I think it will look great either blacked out or chromed.

Would have been cool to see it in the 600 color scheme
purple,yellow,white,green.

saw one the other night and it looked good !

but oh well

guess custom paint job is the best way to go

cool.gif

Appreciate it! I think at some point in time I will add some black throughout it (paint). I think with some creative black paint it could really, really stand tall!
Uh Truckman, No No, Do not mess up that beautiful bike with some black paint...allmost no matter what you do to it's going to come out looking like a Hornet or Bumble Bee....Though you could paint a Jack O Lantern on the Hump...Holiday decorating Idea...

I think the Orange will stand the test of time...It's the race rep bikes that wind up looking kinda dorky after just a year or so....Well same for most of the Jap bike graphics I guess really. All the darn stickers and TEENAGE MUTANT NINJA POWER RANGER looks get dated real fast...

I love the 40th dont get me wrong...good choice...

If you want to add some flare to the paint...How about some Reddish/Orange Chameleon, flames just barely there in the paint...Some thing sneaky....A Flame job that doesn't scream... Could be cool...

Back