Better deals and cheaper ins already...

G

I've got a little lower out the door price from another dealer by phone. He quoted $11,277 for a 40th Orange busa and promised lifetime discounts on parts/accessories. 10% on anything under $500 and 15% on anything over $500. He said he'd also beat any out the door price that anybody else would do in the state of Georgia.

Also said that he'd give me an ever better deal on a standard '03 than he could on the 40th. Still not where I think I should be on the 40th. Might need to forget about that orange paint. Man, it's schweeeeet though. I'm thinking a max of $10,800 for a 40th considering my county's tax rate (7%) Much closer to $10k on a standard busa.

Another thought that crossed my mind... Some folks cross into Alabama to buy vehicles because it saves some money (maybe taxes?). I wonder if it'd be the same on bikes. Anyone know? I think I'll gve an Alabama dealer a call just to see what they say. Might be worth the drive...

I haven't been able to get ahold of a new contact at the first shop yet to see what they might do.

Also tried State Farm for insurance. I have to swap my Maxima over to them to get bike insurance but it's well worth it. They beat my current insurer on the Maxima by about $60 a year and will cover the Hayabusa for $392 per year. D@mn!!!!! That's more like it!!!
kickass.gif
FWIW, I think they may also be a bit lower on my homeowners' as well, with better contents/personal items coverage (we're talking around $40k more coverage in this area) and same coverage elsewhere.

I'll continue to chip away at this until I get what I think is a good deal on a bike. I think I've got the insurance nailed down though!
wink.gif

I am Glad State Farm came through for you. I was hoping you could get a real deal somewhere. Now Go and Find a ride you Love and Buy it!

Yeah, I need to forget about that orange paint I guess and just find a deal on a bike. The 40th thing gives 'em too much leverage if you just have to have it. I really want it but not bad enough to lose my arse on. I've been careful not to ask for 40th bikes first when talking to new dealers and I don't pump the color up when I do talk with them about the 40th.

Oh, remember I said the sales guy at the first dealer told me that each dealer only got one 40th because "..not only is it a 'Special Edition', it's also a 'Limited Edition'..." (his words)? Well, I talked to a dealer today that has nine 40th bikes ordered and on the way. He said that the 40th bikes don't come in as quickly but they're not limited. Not really harder to get, just slower comin' in. I'm really hatin' this first sales guy more each time I talk to different shops!

Its all about mind games...  They will charge you more for what they think you want.  So try this next time...go into the store looking for a standard busa and see if he/she will offer you the orange one.  But say you don't like the color...  Then he'll tell you but its the 40th anniver one... next you complain about the pricing that your not looking to spend more than $10k. About 30 mins ask him to get the orange one for alittle more than what said he would charge on the standard.  And you should have a deal...

Now your wondering what is "alittle more"...  Well from suzukicycles.com the 40th is ONLY $100 more than the standard.  So tell all those that are quoting you those outragous prices to go to hell cuz its only $100 difference. MSRP is $10,999 you should get it for atleast $1000 off at any shop.

Just alittle info from a x-salesman.

OH...like another guy said from other thread...do financing out of house. You need to go to the dealer WITH CASH. You will always save hundreds if not thousands (depending on what your buying). Like the old saying goes "money talks bullsh!t walks".

Yeah, I need to forget about that orange paint I guess and just find a deal on a bike. The 40th thing gives 'em too much leverage if you just have to have it. I really want it but not bad enough to lose my arse on. I've been careful not to ask for 40th bikes first when talking to new dealers and I don't pump the color up when I do talk with them about the 40th.

Oh, remember I said the sales guy at the first dealer told me that each dealer only got one 40th because "..not only is it a 'Special Edition', it's also a 'Limited Edition'..." (his words)? Well, I talked to a dealer today that has nine 40th bikes ordered and on the way. He said that the 40th bikes don't come in as quickly but they're not limited. Not really harder to get, just slower comin' in. I'm really hatin' this first sales guy more each time I talk to different shops!
Well if there are going to be a lot of the 40th Ann. bikes coming in take your time stick to your guns and get what you really want. Do NOT settle, this is your toy, your reward, get what you want, not what is on hand... You should be able to work out a deal...

Might go to traderonline.com. find the lowest priced 40th and make an offer. let's say 9000. shipping 500 (about) state tax maybe another 6 or 700. any suzuki dealer will perform waranty work if needed. somebody will sell you the bike at where you want to be.

Daddy Fatsac,

I really went into this thing wrong... and I knew it. That's why I backed off of the original deal. I could have walked out (well, I'da been a little sore
wink.gif
) with a 40th busa but I knew that I probably wasn't getting a decent deal. I'm the kind that finds out whatn I want and then just go get the danged thing. I have to really fight that urge on big ticket items. Anyway, thanks for the reply and the suggestions.

Revlis,

I wish I knew exactly what I want. Initially I planned to enjoy my sport bike on two separate fronts. One, of course, is riding and maybe a little drag action later on. In addition to enjoying riding I had planned on enjoying the aspect of laying a slick a$$ custom paint job on it to separate it from the crowd (Heh... not that I see many busas, standard or otherwise, out here in the sticks!
confused.gif
). I really enjoy painting and have always wanted to lay a killer scheme on a sport bike.

I love the orange as is. I could probably be happy with it as it comes from the factory. However, that kills one of the two forms of enjoyment I had planned to get out of a sport bike. I might skip the custom paint if I go that route. On the other hand, if I buy standard busa colors I can enjoy the adventure of doing my first bike job. I'm really torn here as to whether or not it's worth the wait and hassle of trying to get a 40th...

If it weren't for the fact that the painting experience was part of my "sport bike dream", for lack of better terms, I'd probably be more willing to hold out for a deal on a 40th. As it stands, it's just not that easy... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!

It'll all work out though.
thumbs-up.gif

Back