For or against the 40th Busa

The rusty bus

Actually I think they are hot as hell. I would have bought one instead of silver if I could have afforded it. The dealers in my area are not budging from retail.

What I want to comment on is the fact that we have the opportunity to voice our different opinions on simple things like bike colors."GOD BLESS AMERICA" I personnally own a new 40th and I love the color, that is why I bought it instead of the normal Black an Silver. Voice away and the more people that don't like it the more unique the bike will become.

What I want to comment on is the fact that we have the opportunity to voice our different opinions on simple things like bike colors."GOD BLESS AMERICA" I personnally own a new 40th and I love the color, that is why I bought it instead of the normal Black an Silver. Voice away and the more people that don't like it the more unique the bike will become.
You are right my friend.

I like brunettes, my best friend likes blondes.

looks better in person than pics. It grows on you and I really like the color. wouldn't call it burnt orange as it's a more subtle orange-copper type color.
I have to agree with you here. I saw one at my local dealership a few weeks ago. It really does look a lot better in person.
Here is a quick printshop of a 40th chromed out I made up one night. It's a little rough but you get the idea.
64.jpg

Sorry Lobo...I cannot resist...All in Fun... Forgive me for what I am about to say...

Voice away and the more people that don't like it the more unique the bike will become.[/QUOTE]

Yeah Lobo, Just like an AMC Pacer or a new Aztek...Unique Looking?  Thats like saying a girl has a "Good Personality"  it's PC speak, like the Differently Abled, or now we have "exceptional Kids".  Hell when I was little they were straight up Short Bus window lickers. Quazimodo was Unique, still ass ugly...Ted Bundy was Unique, he's a freaking serial killer...Unique doesn't = Good...Calling the Busa color unique is a little off, Aprillia and Kawasaki have allready been there done that with the Burnt Orange...

God bless America!!!
inlove.gif
 Where I get to Jump up and down on Lobo's post for no good damn reason...  
jump9.gif

Like I said bro, nothing personal, I like the 03 I really do, I just might disagree with your theory on unique means better or that you can make some thing more unique by the amount of dislike it garners...  Truly not seriously busting your balls...

Well ok...maybe a little bit...
wow.gif

Appreciate the welcome folks. as for the bike they should have blacked out the rearsets, cannister brackets..and...well the cannisters.and continued the header pipe black to the cannisters. shouldn't have thrown a bunch of silver on a basically black framed, orange bike. my 02. easy enough to repaint cept not sure what to use on the cannisters. while I'm at it a highly smoked shield and smpked headlight cover if it doesn't hamper with the brightness of the headlight. yup. that's what I'm think'n.

Appreciate the welcome folks. as for the bike they should have blacked out the rearsets, cannister brackets..and...well the cannisters.and continued the header pipe black to the cannisters. shouldn't have thrown a bunch of silver on a basically black framed, orange bike. my 02. easy enough to repaint cept not sure what to use on the cannisters. while I'm at it a highly smoked shield and smpked headlight cover if it doesn't hamper with the brightness of the headlight. yup. that's what I'm think'n.
Carbon Fibre cans are black Truckman
Here's mine

fendertrim1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I have to give the SE and the AE two thimbs down, sheesh, I bought an 89 mustang 35th AE, and it came with some extras like, wheels, forged pistons and rods, higher compression, nicer interior, electric sliding sunroof, so on...what the SE and AE come wit? a ferkin black frame and an emblem? WTF? my 03 gixxer got a coated frame, it also has radial mounted calipers, 32 bit ECU, forks, etc... and its just a run of the mill gixxer. an emblem and paint? what gives? if suzuki can f### it up they will, they finally have a fully extruded frame and they coat it? hmmm....

damn... I hate to jump on the Revlis bandwagon...

( ;

but, there is NO such thing as "more unique," if you look unique up in the dictionary, it means one of a kind. So, it will not become more unique as people dislike it.

However, I do understand what you are saying and I hate to nitpick! But, it is one of my pet peeves and I can't help myself.

-The omniscient one.

I have to give the SE and the AE two thimbs down, sheesh, I bought an 89 mustang 35th AE, and it came with some extras like, wheels, forged pistons and rods, higher compression, nicer interior, electric sliding sunroof, so on...what the SE and AE come wit? a ferkin black frame and an emblem? WTF? my 03 gixxer got a coated frame, it also has radial mounted calipers, 32 bit ECU, forks, etc... and its just a run of the mill gixxer. an emblem and paint? what gives? if suzuki can f### it up they will, they finally have a fully extruded frame and they coat it? hmmm....
Sorry twisted.....not tryin to bash ya here....but in 1989 you would have bought a 25th not a 35th......and the 25th Mustang had absolutely nothing whatsoever on it but small badges........no mods at all.

The pipe thing though.......the Busa's pipes do have to be changed.....they're ridiculous for a $10,000 sportbike.

Sorry twisted.....not tryin to bash ya here....but in 1989 you would have bought a 25th not a 35th......and the 25th Mustang had absolutely nothing whatsoever on it but small badges........no mods at all.

The pipe thing though.......the Busa's pipes do have to be changed.....they're ridiculous for a $10,000 sportbike.
There is a lot of detail things that are just not appropriate for a flagship bike...

-Sidestand
-Exhaust system
-fiddly switch gear
-seat quality
-weld quality

But whatcha going to do, I still love the beast...

I like it. i would like it even more if it had a orange powder coated frame.

Back