Fn hot?!

Getn off

Registered
Ok. Spent enough time searching, and can't seem to find my answer yet.
New Busa, 140 miles. Stock. While riding, it gets really hot. Seat feels very hot. Gauge reads about 1/8" below 1/2 mark most of the time. In traffic, and sometimes while riding it moves to the center mark at half way. Is this normal??? Might not be broken in fully yet, and maybe once the rings finish seating, the temps will come down??
Hate to destroy a new bike if this is abnormal. Please advise.
I called the dealer and the service mgr said these beasts run hot and it is normal. Dealer seems pretty competant.
What do u all think?
Troy
2013 LE

Forgot to mention...
Oat is about 65 degrees. Combo of stop and open road driving.
I guess my question is, where is the needle most of the time on a second gen? 1/8" below the half way line and occasionally touching it?
I have yet to see a fan kick on. When it does reach the mid point, it usually comes back to the 1/8" below point fairly quickly. I assume this is the thermostat opening and doing its job. Fans must come on much higher??!
Thx,
Troy

Normal! I changed my coolant to Engine Ice and it does run cooler on the gauge. All that heat has to go somewhere though. My buddies gen 1 runs hotter than my gen 2.

Phew! My 1800cc/109ci M109R gets hot too. Just seemed an odd place on the gauge is all! Usually half way means somtin is going awry! And I can feel the heat through the seat as apposed to the cylinders as on most bikes.
Gonna go change her blood, and ride on today. Thanks for the help gents!
Troy

The bike gets warm. Get caught in stop and go traffic. The right thigh will cook and the left one will get hot. When the fans kick in you will really enjoy it. You can hardly touch the frame. Not bad or at least I'm use to it as long as you stay out of traffic.

They also didn't mention the heat that comes through the center line of the bike then roasts the back of your calvs.

When I get off the freeway I think, "Finally my legs will cool off!" Then the fans turn on and I still get bbq'ed. At least my riding pants help with the heat deflection.

I'm about 1k mi into breaking mine in and the gauge is in line with where yours is at. However, my fans kick on often. If i let it idle for more than a couple minutes they're on. Actually I haven't noticed any heat from the engine when I'm riding. Maybe that's just me, or the riding pants blocking it. My cruiser used to burn me up if I had to sit at a traffic light. To me, the busa seems to block the engine heat pretty well.
I think my fans kick on if it goes over the half way mark. I would think you would hear yours at least once in a while.

I'm about 1k mi into breaking mine in and the gauge is in line with where yours is at. However, my fans kick on often. If i let it idle for more than a couple minutes they're on. Actually I haven't noticed any heat from the engine when I'm riding. Maybe that's just me, or the riding pants blocking it. My cruiser used to burn me up if I had to sit at a traffic light. To me, the busa seems to block the engine heat pretty well.
I think my fans kick on if it goes over the half way mark. I would think you would hear yours at least once in a while.
You'll notice this summer :thumbsup:

mine stays under 1/2 if i'm riding, but if it's stop and go traffic, it will go a bit above half marker.

Thanks! Haven't noticed thr fans at all yet. In fact, when I got home after riding last, it was right at the 1/2 mark. I put it on the side stand and let it idle some and grabbed my flashlight to verify they were on...nope. But the temp never raised about that mark.
Sounds like she is acting normal.
Troy

Normal I rode my 08 in 35C temp in traffik the other day and the temp gauge did not go over the half way mark the fans come on mine also I was happy with this :thumbsup:

it is all the way normal...goes in line with the old song someones nutz roasting on an open fire..... Some of the heat you feel is from the cat under the bike if you still have it. You may also think about ice or possibly changing tstat or some set fans to run all the time.

Back