kinda hot

tex_garza

Registered
has anyone else noticed that when they ride their right thigh and butt cheek seem to get hot or is it just me im trying to figure out if there is a problem with my bike or if it is just normal and also i have a low beam hid that was installed about a year ago and last night when i was riding i hit the high beam on and my lowbeam turned off i had to stop turn the bike off then back on and the light turned right back on and occasionaly it will flicker any idea what the problem is thanks for any help

Ok... Ill answer both points!

The heat you are feeling is from the cats, If you are still running them. They are part of the factory header. I noticed it was worse with the full factory system. Once I replaced it with a R77 full system the heat issue was less....about half that of stock. It still gets warm some, but other bikes that I have and had are also warm on the right side too during summer weather. You can header wrap the pipes to help reduce the heat you are feeling too!

On the hid issue. I would check the connectors first going from the factory harness to the hid module to the hid bulb. Something maybe loose. If not maybe a ballast starting to go bad or a bulb!

If you have relocated your rectifier that's your answer on the heat.
I moved mine to inside right of tailpiece and def noticed my right butt cheek gets hotter than it used to .

On the Hids like WarbirdII said check connnections .
It's probably something simple .

Maybe a connector is loose and when the connection is open the light looses power but the ballast doesn't get a restart boost until you turn the power off and on again.

Back