2008 Busa runs hot

TA_GunSurgeon

Donating Member
Registered
I notice after a ride when I hit the kill switch on my bike the fans stop running and the temp gauge goes all the way up to red. Then if I flip the kill switch back on it goes back down to the middle mark. I rode for awhile today and got caught in a little traffic. Finally I made a pit stop got some food 15 minutes later I came back out I noticed the steering head part of the frame was really hot along with the lower half of the gas tank where you would grip it with your knees. Is this normal ? Is it possiable for the bike to over heat after you turn it off. I guess I never noticed this before because I've been riding in the cold weather today is like 80 degrees. If anyone else with a 08 could chime in it would be appreciated I would hate to drag it down to the dealer for no reason.

Heres what i am thinking, i think you may be getting the heat from the headers? are they glowing red? you may be running really lean? the headers heat up, heat rises, and since the headers are near the oil cooler and rad?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
?
rock.gif
? just throwing it out there? thats a lot of heat or if you just had the busa serviced perhaps a vapour lock? in the rad? air is in the rad and the water cant circulate to cool, strange knowing the k8 has 2 fans as well

rock.gif

rock.gif

Heat soak is pretty normal in any engine with a radiator in it that runs cool till you shut it off... all that heat isn't getting blown off thru the radiator, so it has to go somewhere.. it is normal.

My first Busa did that a few times, I think it was a stuck thermostat, it would go up to red then die. but about the time I was going to take it back to the steelership, it got jacked. I hope who ever stole it, seized the engine
guns.gif

I notice after a ride when I hit the kill switch on my bike the fans stop running and the temp gauge goes all the way up to red. Then if I flip the kill switch back on it goes back down to the middle mark. I rode for awhile today and got caught in a little traffic. Finally I made a pit stop got some food 15 minutes later I came back out I noticed the steering head part of the frame was really hot along with the lower half of the gas tank where you would grip it with your knees. Is this normal ? Is it possiable for the bike to  over heat after you turn it off. I guess I never noticed this before because I've been riding in the cold weather today is like 80 degrees. If anyone else with a 08 could chime in it would be appreciated I would hate to drag it down to the dealer for no reason.
Bring it back in and lets check the cruising ranges of the Air Fuel Ratio. No charge. I know we looked at WOT, possibly in the 10-20-40% ranges its much leaner than up top.

what advantage is the aluminum fan over the stock? I used aluminum (Muzzy fan) in the past on other bikes and it made ZERO difference in temps.

Back