Flashing the 08 / ECU Editing software for GEN II Busas

I have things in the works for hardware to make a plug and play device etc. The directions as stocker said are posted if there are those who want to build it themselves.

I ordered circuit board and a bunch of components today, hopefully about 2 weeks ish ill have some hardware together.

Any idea on price yet?

Any idea on price yet?

Let me ask the stupid question. I buy the harness your working on, plug it in, (I downloaded the software) Run the program, go to edit limiter, and I can turn off the top speed limiter. Is it really that simple? And if so, then the gear indacator will read correctly in all gears, right? As you can see I know very little about what's available for engine tuners for the busa, thanks.

yep yep, download the software now and check it out :)

Not sure on price, my gen 1 setup is 180 shipped, this should be in the ballpark, though maybe a little more.

Not really the gen 2 kit is a new setup

I don't think so on the b-king

Ridge racer may be coming out with something possibly though I don't know his exact plans
Posted via Mobile Device

i have had problems flashing the 08 ecu with my home made gen1 box, and the one i got from rr, mainly due to voltage "feedback" through the led circut, it may be the cts,handshake or reset??? my new design works great....i have been sucessful with flashing multipe times on the same day....:beerchug:

Can anyone tell me when you use the clear DTC function in ECU EDITOR does it clear TCM Ram & ECM Rom ? Reading SDS instructions it states that ECM Integrating ROM can keep data in memory even with battery disconnected whereas TCM integrating Ram loses memorized data when battery disconnected. It goes on to state that an SDS is needed to erase DTC history ? Hence trying to find out if the
Clear DTC function button in ECU Editor clears just current codes or history of fault codes also ?

More questions. When will anyone have the harness done for this thing? I thought I saw 2 weeks so that is ok but let me know. Also, since we can change all the fuel and timing maps, can you cut and paste numbers from dynojet or bazzaz? I mean for the people that don't have a dyno and don't have access to one, location or cost, is there any way to not just go in there and blindly start changing values? I mean it would be great to take a map that dynojet made and copy and paste it into this software but can this be done? Anyone have any details on this? THanks for the info and waiting for the harness to be sold. :thumbsup:

Gretz,All
As quoted below can we import maps from others besides dyn,bazzaz Etc?
Also can you save all the stock values to put the ECU back to original
form?
How many times can the ECU safely be flashed?
Does the Canadian Busa's or UK Models have the same restrictions as the US models?
If the UK or Canadian models are not restricted is it possible to dump the ECU from one of the other countries an put it into the US ECU?
Is it true the the busa's power in the first 4 gears is cut back( limited)?
Reason i have asked all questions above is a few guys i ride with think i'm
nuts:laugh: for going to play with the stock ECU instead of just buying a power commander and Etc.
Thanks maddogs_1340

More questions. When will anyone have the harness done for this thing? I thought I saw 2 weeks so that is ok but let me know. Also, since we can change all the fuel and timing maps, can you cut and paste numbers from dynojet or bazzaz? I mean for the people that don't have a dyno and don't have access to one, location or cost, is there any way to not just go in there and blindly start changing values? I mean it would be great to take a map that dynojet made and copy and paste it into this software but can this be done? Anyone have any details on this? THanks for the info and waiting for the harness to be sold. :thumbsup:

Hey guys, doesn't anyone have answers to these questions? Just wondering if the experts are out there. THanks for any info. :please:

Q: As quoted below can we import maps from others besides dyn,bazzaz Etc?

A:No importing of maps, you could in theory sorta figure out corresponding values, but most power commanders etc only work off throttle position, thats not how the ecu works under all conditions

Q:Also can you save all the stock values to put the ECU back to original
form?
A: There is a stock map built into ECU editor, just flash that and you are back to stock.

Q: How many times can the ECU safely be flashed?
A: Lots and lots, i have flashed one of mine hundreds of times.

Q: Does the Canadian Busa's or UK Models have the same restrictions as the US models?
A: Im not 100% on this one, though i think they are the same, there are a few different base maps i believe.

Q: If the UK or Canadian models are not restricted is it possible to dump the ECU from one of the other countries an put it into the US ECU?

A: N/A

Q: Is it true the the busa's power in the first 4 gears is cut back( limited)?

A: Not really, there is some part throttle timing that is different from gears 1-5 and 6th gear.

Reason i have asked all questions above is a few guys i ride with think i'm
nuts:laugh: for going to play with the stock ECU instead of just buying a power commander and Etc.

They are nuts LOL. ECU flashing is the way of the future :) Lots of gen 1 guys doing it :)

So is there a way I can look at a Brocks base street map and convert that into my factory ecu for an AH.

Seems I am going to have to wait till i can have someone with experience with it.

the best way is to dyno tune the bike, yes you could look at 100% throttle in both maps and figure percentages etc, but still would highly recommend tuning the bike on the dyno, with any tuning product.

Let me get this straight.. no need for any other form of add on FI unit since we can flash the ecu now, thanks to Petrik :bowdown:. Is this Flashing for the average guy or someone who can tune with the dyno? I would like to do this but don't have any way of knowing what to change in the stock ecu map for my add ons to make it run as good as it does now. Is there any tuners in MD who know how to tune using the ECU Editor? Thanks, Dozer.

Taaadaaaaaa :thumbsup:

Still pending testing, bought 2 ecu's, waiting for the 1st one to show up to see if it flashes, then off to a buddies house an hour away to try it on his bike.

DSC_1170.jpg

Back