Flashing the 08 / ECU Editing software for GEN II Busas

IT WOULD APPEAR WE ARE IN BUSINESS :)

Gauge data works, flashed the ecu a couple of times and thats working :)

now just to verify the plug and play connectors tomorrow on a bike (used a bench flashing harness tonight as I dont have a Gen 2 to play with :(

macon,can you post your complete ecu # for us please.....:bowdown:

I just got back, i looked at it and i hope this is the # you was wanting
32920-15H10
If not let me know and i will go first thing in the morning and get what ever else you need, the bike is not at my house.

the best way is to dyno tune the bike, yes you could look at 100% throttle in both maps and figure percentages etc, but still would highly recommend tuning the bike on the dyno, with any tuning product.
I thought this product along with the ECU flashing software allowed one to write changes directly to the ECU removing the need for a tuning product? I don't get it. Or are you just stating that either way you go you recommend tuning the bike on a dyno?

Last edited:
Correct this would be your tuning tool, just saying in general no motor if flashing ecu, power commander, bazazz, etc dyno is best vs just loading a map someone emails you
Posted via Mobile Device

Question for Petrik or Smithabusa or ??

Does the software interface to the USB port utilize a VCP (virtual com port) connection, or is it interfaced through a DLL. The reference design supplied by Petrik specified using the FTDI chip didn't actually specify wich driver to use; VCP or D2XX.

So I was wanting to save the installer on my flash drive, I'm at work and want to install the software on my home laptop. And keep it on the flash anyway just incase I'm our at a bike night or something and need it.. anyway..

Maybe you know (smith) maybe not, but is anything else needed from the program files folder (on the server) to install the reader? or just the executable?
I pulled the EXE and saved it to my drive, but is there anything else I need out of there, like the .manifest; .config; or .xml ?
Or are those just used by IE to install the program?
I'm not familiar with this type of page coding.

You can't save it like that for a local install, you have to install the software on the internet. So once you get home get on the net and install the software, then its there for good :)

excuse me Mr. Greg, Sir. ...when would it be possible for us common folks to place our orders for the interface. I understand you are still in the process of putting everything together...... but I am too impatient. I need this bad......:laugh:

still working out pricing details, the sds and yosh connectors are expensive, and there is more labor in these than the gen 1s, so trying to figure out a final price so i can get stuff on my site. I have 1 unit built, gotta get going, so far getting a lot of pm's and emails etc saying put me on the list.

Maybe anyone wanting one for sure could email me at greg@boostbysmith.com so I can get an idea how many to start working on etc. It will also help after i build a few from start to finish to see how much time i have involved etc.

Maybe anyone wanting one for sure could email me at greg@boostbysmith.com so I can get an idea how many to start working on etc. It will also help after i build a few from start to finish to see how much time i have involved etc.

What about making a build kit.
Just lengths of wire the box, board, connectors..
what ever it is you are using, put the parts in a bag and sell it has a kit
discount the labor involved with putting it together or something
some people have the skills to put these kinds of things together, they just don't have the resources you do to get the parts needed.

you still make money, some of us save a little,
You'll get more units out the door, and we get a fun little puzzle to put together!
Everybody wins!

oh and about the installer.. I'm almost there..
This ClickOnce stuff is pretty neat :bowdown:

i thought about that, but to be honest what will happen is i will spend twice as much time on the phone trying to troubleshoot things that someone else put together. Which in the end will be much less beneficial financially as I will have made less money to start, and probably spent more time, just on the phone vs at the soldering station LOL.

i thought about that, but to be honest what will happen is i will spend twice as much time on the phone trying to troubleshoot things that someone else put together. Which in the end will be much less beneficial financially as I will have made less money to start, and probably spent more time, just on the phone vs at the soldering station LOL.

lol yea totally understand
well.. if someone got in over their head on it, they could start a thread on here! That's what its for.
But yea I'm in IT, I know where you're coming from on that.
*sigh* :beerchug:

yep, and i would feel obligated to help out, and would, and would be stuck making no money and spending too much time LOL.

Thanks to Rick at Rick's Custom Cycle in Garden City, MI who let me install this on his 08 busa and make sure it worked, and it did :)

A few pics, install was cake, take a paper clip and push the white dummy plugs out of pins 25 and 28 out from the front of the connector through the back. Then just insert the 2 pins, the green wire i had was 22 gauge (sorty flimsy) and i had to use a small screw driver to push it all the way in, the 20 gauge brown wire i inserted with just fingers. no need to remove the back cap or anything, just insert until it clicks, easy cheesy!

We removed the battery to get the ecu connector up further, and pulled the barometric pressure sensor off its little base bracket so i could get at the yosh and sds. I would say maybe 5 minutes if that to wire in the tiny 2 wire harness. We unlocked the yellow lock in the yosh plug, to insert my green and brown wires into proper locations, then put the lock back on.

To start with we flashed 12,000 RPM limiter hardcut only, no gear limiters, i think that was it.

DSC_1171.jpg

DSC_1174.jpg

DSC_1175.jpg

DSC_1176.jpg

DSC_1179.jpg

DSC_1184.jpg

DSC_1180.jpg

DSC_1170.jpg

gen2limiters.jpg

WOW!!!!:cheerleader: I honestly NEVER thought it would come..............THAT IS SOOO SLICK GREG! Petrik, you are an absolute Genius Sir, and I dont think there will EVER be any way to ever repay you for what you've done for us?? :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
Thanks again(JUST REALLY CANT EVEN SAY IT ENOUGH)to Petrik, "AND" everyone else involved that has put SOOO MUCH WORK and EFFORT into this project, just to help there fellow Busa brothers out! :thumbsup: :beerchug:

Back