Flashed ECU / Aftermarket Exhaust question

BadNasty08

Registered
I had my ECU flashed by Boosted Cycle Performance (very worthwhile), but now Brock's is telling me that the ECU will need to be flashed back to stock for one of their systems with pre mapped power commander to work properly. Is this true?

Thanks

Yes/no the bike will need to be tuned to the exhaust. That can be done through the ECU so you will not need to buy a PCV. But the current map that Boosted flashed for you was for stock exhaust not aftermarket.

Yes/no the bike will need to be tuned to the exhaust. That can be done through the ECU so you will not need to buy a PCV. But the current map that Boosted flashed for you was for stock exhaust not aftermarket.

I was told the flash wouldn't affect a future exhaust change because he said he doesn't mess with the fueling, just ignition timing.
I don't know anything about this stuff

I would just give him a call in the morning and take what he tells you as fact. I personally have stayed away from the power commander and have everything done through the ECU.

OK, thanks man. I'll probably just leave the exhaust stock, I hate hassles. I have a 17 tooth front sprocket,
Speedo Healer, HeliBars and new grips on the way. Those should be some nice upgrades.

Great list of mods on the way.:thumbsup: I would not just toss the exhaust upgrade. There are significant advantages to HP and the weight reduction is noticeable in handling and performance.

I've got a question on the subject myself. I have a full Muzzy system with a PC3 running the supplied map from the Dynojet website. I had planned to get it dynoed and tuned, but have recently been reading about the ECU re flash. The local tuner told me he could send the ECU out to be flashed for around $300, but the bike would still need to be tuned too. Can the ECU be flashed with the PC3 already installed, or do I need to take it out? I had also thought about seeing if I could locate someone in Cali who could do the re flash while I'm at the Stampede.

Back