ok so what now? Where to go for ECU flashing

jch364

Registered
So I have searched and cant find out why Don Guhl stopped doing ECU flashing for Brock. His website seems to suggest that he is only doing track cars or whatever that does not and never had a vin number? Just wondering why and also now where do I go? Im gonna need an ecu flash to match up to a Brock exhaust and pc5 map. Brocks support people suggested using either Chris Moore or Schnitz. I know of both but not sure which would be better. Even if it matters. Ideas?

a dyno tune is the only way to match perfectly. Most ecu flashes that you send out to be flashed removed limiters change fan temp etc.

+1
The ecu flash will be pretty generic for the model.
The air/fuel map will be in the PC.
Moore can do a dyno tune with an ecu flash And tune the a/f through the ecu, no PC needed, but the bike must be there on the dyno for that.

So I have searched and cant find out why Don Guhl stopped doing ECU flashing for Brock. His website seems to suggest that he is only doing track cars or whatever that does not and never had a vin number?

Such appeared to me as though it aligned with the EPA mandates, so it did not take me long to find the following from just last week. No one can survive this:

If I may prognosticate, we will now see the already inadequate number of remaining motorsport services vaporize, including dynomometer tuning.

I would guess sooner or later the hammer will fall given our current office holders. "not trying to get political". I think Im going to have to send my ecu and get it flashed now just in case which means Im parking it until I get the Brock exhaust system which wont be for some time. Small price to pay I think. God I hope this does not go this way.

Sad, not hard to belive it will eventually happen, and sooner than later.
There is a big push on right now with db levels with exhaust...cars, trucks and bikes are are being targeted....

There have been some HD bikes caught and they were fined then had to present their bikes to be re-tested (I forget how long they had but it was something like 21 days).

Apparently there was a big scramble at the HD shop trying to find the stock exhausts...luckily the guy who owns the shop accumulated the stock exhausts before sending them to scrap.

The intent of the owners was to install the stock exhaust, get it tested and then put the aftermarket back on. They were told if they got picked up again the bike gets impounded and the police will be doing random checks all the time.

The joys of being in a police state.

There is a big push on right now with db levels with exhaust...cars, trucks and bikes are are being targeted....

There have been some HD bikes caught and they were fined then had to present their bikes to be re-tested (I forget how long they had but it was something like 21 days).

Apparently there was a big scramble at the HD shop trying to find the stock exhausts...luckily the guy who owns the shop accumulated the stock exhausts before sending them to scrap.

The intent of the owners was to install the stock exhaust, get it tested and then put the aftermarket back on. They were told if they got picked up again the bike gets impounded and the police will be doing random checks all the time.

The joys of being in a police state.

I'm ok with a reasonable db limit, some of the HD's, and straight pipe tractor trailers engine braking just to make noise, are so incredibly loud I can't belive they get by like that.
To the flip side, it'll get over-governed into zero noise or electric(which is basically zero noise, lol).

+1
The ecu flash will be pretty generic for the model.
The air/fuel map will be in the PC.
Moore can do a dyno tune with an ecu flash And tune the a/f through the ecu, no PC needed, but the bike must be there on the dyno for that.
The is a shop in Hemet CA called Darkside Performance Inc they can do it for you I have seen their work those 2 guys are really good. Cycledrag.com mentions them all the time they even work on his Busa They are on Face book

The is a shop in Hemet CA called Darkside Performance Inc they can do it for you I have seen their work those 2 guys are really good. Cycledrag.com mentions them all the time they even work on his Busa They are on Face book

You’re from Fresno? Another Busa rider just 40 miles away?

I think it is time to keep this on the down low lose lips sink ships if you
know what I mean .
If they can read my text messages, emails, and phone calls without a warrant.....AND THEY DO, then they are already aware but I was just thinking today about this a little more... What about NASCAR? I mean by definition wouldn't this apply to them as well?

If they can read my text messages, emails, and phone calls without a warrant.....AND THEY DO, then they are already aware but I was just thinking today about this a little more... What about NASCAR? I mean by definition wouldn't this apply to them as well?

Nascar has already discussed moving to all electric in the not so far off future.
That'll probably be the only thing that saves it too, as the electric will peak the interest of the next generation.

Back