Flash or Not

Tian

Registered
Hi guys.....

Can i buy a flashed ecu like at a online store and fit it in my bike?
Or is it safer to get my bike on dyno and get it tuned and flashed on there?

I heard rumors that flashing your bike it must be on a dyno getting setted up for your climate etc and if you dont you will burt your engin over the long run? Is this true?
Other rumors says that i can fit it and if not tuned perfectly it might just cause being heavier on fuel?
And some say there is no difference and its safe to do so.....

In Namibia is no place that can flash or dyno my bike. Need to go down to SA for that. But there is a flashed box in SA for real.cheap from a wrecked Busa and i really wants to need it but i am just scared that i may hurt my bike by fitting it.

What is your opinions on this?

Most flashes are to remove restrictions that are embedded into the ecm from the factory. This is different from a tune.

If you have mods I think a tune would be beneficial along with a flash IMO.

Hi guys.....

Can i buy a flashed ecu like at a online store and fit it in my bike?
Or is it safer to get my bike on dyno and get it tuned and flashed on there?

I heard rumors that flashing your bike it must be on a dyno getting setted up for your climate etc and if you dont you will burt your engin over the long run? Is this true?
Other rumors says that i can fit it and if not tuned perfectly it might just cause being heavier on fuel?
And some say there is no difference and its safe to do so.....

In Namibia is no place that can flash or dyno my bike. Need to go down to SA for that. But there is a flashed box in SA for real.cheap from a wrecked Busa and i really wants to need it but i am just scared that i may hurt my bike by fitting it.

What is your opinions on this?

The “flash” that you see all of us talk about in here is nothing more than removing some restrictions on the ECU and lowering the temp. At which your fans kick on and none of this requires the bike to be on a dyno. Now, if you are going to start messing with fuel tables, then that would be a custom tune. The “flash” can be done by frank at powerhouse (site sponsor/member), so I would get in touch with him if I was you. Some of us have followed frank’s advice and done an ECU flash and then put a power commander with a custom tune to go with our exhaust, air filter modifications.

I understand-thank you @Quiksilver & @mabupa ... The main reason I want that box is because of the derestrictions that has been removed. And the launch control feature-not that i do drag's its just i love the sound of it :-)

I do not really have mods on my bike only a K&N air filter and slip on 2 Brother Racing pipes.

@CBXRider -Yes, there is actually a couple of bikes and a Mercedes AMG i was at front until 300kmph then he passed me and disappeared before my eyes etc.
I bought my Gen 1 flashed and with a steady 327kmh that bike toped out at there was not much catching me except for that one spicific AMG Merc who also passed me at around 320kmh and got small in front of me lol.

Dont really care about that it is just not nice when i am out with my Busa buddies and we all stick together until 300kmh then the rest goes forward and i am stuck at around that speed. Its frustrating all the hell out of me. :-)

I got a little more info about that flashed box:
Limiter Removed
Quick Shifter Activated
Launch Control Activated
Timing advanced 1 degree

I looked at a few hundred pics of Namibia and didn't see one paved road much less an area that could accommodate several bikes doing 300+kph. Where can you reach such speeds?

I thought you were asking if we all expose ourselves to our motorcycles
And obviously the answer is YES!!

Complete "reflash" would also be tuning
A lot of tuners use the ECU flash to derestrict and link (same in each gear)ignition and fuel tables,
and a power commander to tune it, as the power commander software and the dynojet dyno "play well together"
Full Mapping with ECU editor is a Pain

these other guys with "fast bikes".. where do they get their work done at? If these guys are disappearing in front of you (doubtful)... clearly a flash isn't gonna solve your problem... you need some serious horsepower.... if people are disappearing in front of you... 10-15 horsepower doesn't mean anything... so the tune and flash is useless.

these other guys with "fast bikes".. where do they get their work done at? If these guys are disappearing in front of you (doubtful)... clearly a flash isn't gonna solve your problem... you need some serious horsepower.... if people are disappearing in front of you... 10-15 horsepower doesn't mean anything... so the tune and flash is useless.

A gen2, under perfect conditions, can do 197mph...stock, with top speed limiter removed.
Since his ecu is stock, he is held to 186mph.
Apparently you've never been passed at that speed, as at 197mph(or a faster car), they are walking away from him on top.

Tian, get your ecu flashed, definately.
Have a dyno tune with a full exhaust whenever you can.

usually in ANY race with ANY fast stockish car.... if the race starts at 60 mph.. do u know how long that race would have to be for the car to disappear? its a 9 second bike in the 1/4... a fast car is 11 seconds lets call it.... 1 car length per tenth of a second maybe more... that's 20-30 lengths from the jump... and the gap would get wider from there until.................. the road will allow in Naimbia.

A gen2, under perfect conditions, can do 197mph...stock, with top speed limiter removed.
Since his ecu is stock, he is held to 186mph.
Apparently you've never been passed at that speed, as at 197mph(or a faster car), they are walking away from him on top.

Tian, get your ecu flashed, definately.
Have a dyno tune with a full exhaust whenever you can.
do u know of any dyno tuners in Namibia?

that would be quite the journey.... and if hes gonna go that far... I think he should drop a dry kit in it and tune for spray also if hes running WOT with supercars.... assuming NOS is available :)

usually in ANY race with ANY fast stockish car.... if the race starts at 60 mph.. do u know how long that race would have to be for the car to disappear? its a 9 second bike in the 1/4... a fast car is 11 seconds lets call it.... 1 car length per tenth of a second maybe more... that's 20-30 lengths from the jump... and the gap would get wider from there until.................. the road will allow in Naimbia.

All you need is a couple miles of straight road, and somewhere to slow down.
Not too many places you can't do that.

South Africa about 2000km away they got there bikes flashed and tuned....
When we launch or do rolling starts there is no problems. No one is disappearing in front of me then. Its like i said before when we reach top speed that they start disappearing. So clearly a flash is what i need so that i also can reach speeds above 300kmh. ( Or as sixpack said 186mph. )

All you need is a couple miles of straight road, and somewhere to slow down.
Not too many places you can't do that.

One of the roads where we do top speed runs is about 110km long with almost no twists.
@ali123 so yes it is a long road (race as you said) for a car to disappear like that if you can do your "maths" again like you did in a previous message. As i said up to 300 its not a problem its over 300 where the problem is. And i did not refer to the amg as a stockish supercar. That car have alot done in it. Stockish supercars are not really a match for most superbikes or larger superbikes IMO.

We usually go out and do rolling starts at 100kmh up to top speed. The guy that would be infront will slow down then until we are all together then again. Then we will do the same 2/3more times. 60km away is a road stall where we will then have a drink or breakfast and then turn back or continue to the next town if we are heading towards the coast.

That sounds like so much fun, Tian. I wish I had a place like that.

Sounds like you are pretty competitive so you will want every hp you can get. Get your fueling perfect. It doesn't matter a whole lot if you do that with a flash or a module as long as the fueling is correct for your bike and mods. Most people won't be able to feel a difference between a custom tune and a good map that was made with another bike but if you are actually racing, you will probably see a difference.

I looked at a few hundred pics of Namibia and didn't see one paved road much less an area that could accommodate several bikes doing 300+kph. Where can you reach such speeds?

Around my city (Windhoek)
To Omeya Golf Course is one stretch where you can maintain 300kmh+ but not too long

Toeards the airport is 2 long stretches where you can maintain that speeds for quite a while. Turning right of that road towards Dordabis is one of the more popular top speed roads where bikers meet and then check top speeds. Almost 15kmh straight (plus minus maybe bit shorter or bit longer)

Towards Okahandja is a couple of stretches for top end
From Okahandja to Karibib is the 110kmh road where you can go endless top end speeds
Karibib to Usakos low 200kmh and towards swakop about 50-70kmh you can play with top end

Omeya to Rehoboth is 70kmh mostly straight stretches (Till Omeya is 30kmh)
Rehoboth to Kalkrand is 100kmh also mostly straight road

Then going on to Mariental not to much space for top end runs-Mariental till Keetmanshoop i think 230km mostly straight so more than enough space to play but if you are planning to reach keetmanshoop you cant really play otherwise fuel will run out. So there the southern bikers also goes out 15/20kmh's play a bit and turn back...
Up north again from okahandja to otjiwarongo is a 180km road also mostly straight so there really is more than enough places to reach and even keep those speeds until it gets too much or you must slow down. Further up north i heard about places the northern area bikers test top speeds and drag but i am not familiar wiyh those cause i never been there. Same to the further south. Up east to Gobabis is also a 200km stretch but that road is full of wildlife so i stay away there or just keep my speeds 180/200kmh.

Back