$200 For a New License for a Re-Flash

FINAL THOUGHTS...
For those who have never dealt directly with Powerhouse: Frank & Co have a way of cutting through the BS and making sense of the nonsensical. As such, I will be sending my ECU to New York for a fairly straightforward (re)flash. Upon its return, I will finally mount those neat and unique Ti Force 4-2-1 headers, wear a single R-77 and enjoy all the turned heads and looks, hopefully. Down the road at some point, I'll get the bike on a dyno and add a PwrCmmndr if so advised to keep the fuel mapping in line with the increased airflow. If I had a choice, Frank would do that, but
1) @POWERHOUSE is located across the country from me, and
2) is coincidentally just a bit too close to @jeffgordons24, and I'm afraid the entire bike would come back anodized blue.

Thanks to all the valid input from all of you. It mattered, and helped significantly in my decision.

John

Wow . . .

Sounds like BS to me ,
but I really am not sure ,
have never ever heard

anyone mention anything
about a '$200 license fee' .

No doubt you will be

inundated with
replies shortly . . .

And if anyone knows
the truth about this ,
you will find it here .

Good luck and
good fortune

my friend .

:race:

@POWERHOUSE could tell you differently but dont think its wise to run full exhaust without proper fuel mapping.

Yeah, Powerhouse and I PM'ed about that, and you're right - as long as I don't run wide open for extended periods of time, which I don't, and won't, and would probably wet myself if I did anyway. But it's something I plan on keeping in mind, therefore not pushing the mapping issue too far into the future.

If you get the ecu flashed, then add a PC, can the ecu be tuned for timing or is it best to add a ignition module to the PC?

As you need fuel and spark for combustion, wouldn't it be beneficial to tune timing as well as fuel for best results?
Or am I missing something?

If you get the ecu flashed, then add a PC, can the ecu be tuned for timing or is it best to add a ignition module to the PC?

As you need fuel and spark for combustion, wouldn't it be beneficial to tune timing as well as fuel for best results?
Or am I missing something?

Timing can be optimized through the ecu . . . which we typically do on a standard reflash . . .

FINAL THOUGHTS...
For those who have never dealt directly with Powerhouse: Frank & Co have a way of cutting through the BS and making sense of the nonsensical. As such, I will be sending my ECU to New York for a fairly straightforward (re)flash. Upon its return, I will finally mount those neat and unique Ti Force 4-2-1 headers, wear a single R-77 and enjoy all the turned heads and looks, hopefully. Down the road at some point, I'll get the bike on a dyno and add a PwrCmmndr if so advised to keep the fuel mapping in line with the increased airflow. If I had a choice, Frank would do that, but
1) @POWERHOUSE is located across the country from me, and
2) is coincidentally just a bit too close to @jeffgordons24, and I'm afraid the entire bike would come back anodized blue.

Thanks to all the valid input from all of you. It mattered, and helped significantly in my decision.

John
Wise choice.

Back