First time at the track today

busabrother

Registered
Okay here goes, there was some stunt wars/grudge racie day at Virginia motorsports park in dinwiddie va. I had no gear on other than my kevlar pants. so i boroed a buddies mesh and gloves. I am going to Jason Millers track day on Oct. 15th, but I figured I should at least try it. It only cost 10 bucks to run. SO, the first pass my rt was .6 on a .0 scale but i chopped a buddy of mines head, by running a 11.4 at 128 mph. 1st ever run. (I missed 2nd and third gear) Oh yeah I also beat him becuase he blew his clutches out on this run, But I still best him!! right?
tounge.gif
Well any way the next two races were against my buddy with the 04 zx-10. He got me bothe times. But my rt's were .4 and then a .6. But I finished up with another 11.4 then an 11.3. But I took off the line like a BITCH, but i will get my times down. BUT I need to lose weight to get my times down. I am 330, my buddy is 150mph.

What kind of 60' did you have? Sounds like you just need a little more practice ( you will learn alot at Jasons school). You really didn't do that bad though for your first time out. I'm just glad to see more people taking their bike to the track.
cool.gif

Looks like more folks are getting to the track. Good for 'ya!

1st run 2nd run 3rd run
r/t .650 .410 .628
60' 2.089 2.229 2.254
330 5.108 5.190 5.214
1/8 7.575 7.661 7.568
mph 99.87 95.50 104.68
1000 9.662 9.828 9.592
1/4 11.418 11.629 11.318
mph 128.11 125.6 130.58

now on he first two runs i missed 2nd and third, and i redlined twice. The third run was the smoother run, butmy launvhing sucks. But these are the first times on the track with the busa. BUt i will say i have room to improve becasue I was running 11.3 on a stock 94 gsxr 1100. So a little more track time and a little more courage and i should bring those times down. Also since I rode my bike to the track, I didnt wantto chance getting stuck brokedown out there. But i will trailer it next time, so I will run her harder.

Keep us posted on your progress, BuBro.. I'm interested because I'd like to get out to the track one day.
smile.gif

Way to go man ... for a first timer I'm thinking that you did good ... and it's only gonna get better !!

Good Job Busabrother them look like my scores 60's where just killing me alittle worse then yours but close but i did allmost get a 11 flat and your in my weight range what gearing are you running stock or 16 42 like me?

It's hard to do when there are people watching.. Especially when your riding the fastest bike on the block... It's alot of pressure... But practice makes perfect. I still don't launch worth a shid, mostly because I have yet to have a need of a good hard launch to beat anything, I just don't have much line up against me.

But yeah man, think of all of that free ET your walking around with. Hell 11 seconds @330 lbs... That's not bad... I mean your aonly going to be able to get so far forward, and so low so hell, first time on the track you didn't fall over??? I'd say it's a victory.
cool.gif

I am running 16/40 I have the small airbox mod, pc3r and muzzy full system.  Also a tre
Go 16/42...You want find a better setup...It will give you two tenths...Take the tre off...It hurts you when dragging and will add two tenths to your time...Trust me...Shat I just gave you four tenths of a second...I want to get paid...
evil.gif

And your 60's are killing you...That's another two tenth's there...You can't be worried about the bike coming up...Just put some of yourself on the tank...
evil.gif

Stunnah, how will the the 42 act on the street, becuase i also do a lot of roll on races too? THe TRE is switchable so i will just switch it off.

Shat I have given you the better part of a second...My how time flies...
evil.gif

Stunnah, how will the the 42 act on the street, becuase i also do a lot of roll on races too?  THe TRE is switchable so i will just switch it off.
You'll love the 16/42 on the street...Gets you to your power band fast...When on the track make sure the TRE is off...You need some inches if your gonna continue running the track...I love the color of your bike...And you need to at least strap the front...
evil.gif

THe front is and was strapped and i have the lowered bones on, but i didnt have my tools to slam her to the ground. WIll i have to buy a new chain, because i just bought the ek zvx drag race chain.
cool.gif

Let that B$#@!% loose...I've been drinking and I'm going to bed...
evil.gif

Back