First run-in with the le

gsferrari

Registered
Came out of a right-hander and tucked in before letting her loose...over the crest preparing for the front to go light...transfer a bit of weight to the front to prevent a wheelie...

Over the crest comes an LE who was just as shocked to see me as I was to have seen him. I un-tucked myself faster than a uncooperative pimple and felt like kicking myself for doing so because I was still just 5 over the speed limit (about 15 meters out of the corner so she hadn't had enough time to cross 60 in a 55 mile zone)

I stuck it at 60 and tucked back in for the rest of that long ass 2 mile stretch. He turned around...made me pull over and I did what you guys advised ->

* Shut off the bike
* Removed my helmet and gloves
* Put my hands on the tank
* Waited

He must've run my plates because he took a couple of minutes before coming over to me. This is when things get interesting...

LE - "Looks like you're having fun!" (no smile)
ME - "Yes officer - beautiful day for a ride!" (smile)
LE - "Whom were you racing?"
ME - "No one officer. I am by myself"
LE - "It looked like you were racing!"
ME - "I always tuck in on windy days officer. Thats what the windscreen is for on these bikes. We dont have the wind protection that car drivers enjoy!"
LE - "How fast do you think you were going?"
ME - "Under the limit officer. My parents taught me well" (smile)
LE - "How fast can this bike go?"
ME - "As fast as the speed limits officer"
LE - "I mean - how fast can it go" (smile for the first time)
ME - "I dont know officer. I dont intend to find out!"
LE - "Alright - go on and have fun. Watch out for the f**k*ng deer round these parts"
ME - "Have a nice evening officer"

Phew! I dont think he ever intended to pull me over. I would have gotten away had he not seen me tucked behind the windscreen...

dammit!
smile.gif

Way to play it cool. Nicely done, I bet the "Oh $hit" factor must have been right up there for a second or two though.

Good news!!!! I tell however, it has been my experience that the Fairfax and the Prince William County police are a bit more hard nosed.... Glad everything turned out cool..

LE - "How fast do you think you were going?"
ME - "Under the limit officer. My parents taught me well" (smile)
LE - "How fast can this bike go?"
ME - "As fast as the speed limits officer"

laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

<!--EDIT|Spigga
Reason for Edit: None given...|1149755838 -->

laugh.gif

laugh.gif

I think being in the sales force really helped because those responses were coming out like shifts on a drag-strip. After it was all over I just shook my head in disbelief...it could have all gone so wrong!

The last thing I expected to see on those deserted roads was an LE. There was NOTHING there to enforce!! No bikers either. I thought I had found biker nirvana before this dude showed up. Good thing I wasn't doing anything wrong when he saw me.

The "Oh ####!" moment was horrible...like dropping your pants as a novice in the middle of an ice-skating rink...Or having a parent walk in your room when you are "working very hard" with a couple of magazines for reference...

Never again!
wow.gif

smile.gif
Good for you... Play it cool, be respectful and it usually pays off...
cool.gif

Ha ha ha way to go man. The NC cops are the best for sneaking up on you....It wasnt the guy in the unmarked Z28 was it? He has a real "itch" for sportbikes. LOVES to ticket them....

Back