2002 hayabusaa le

draggon1972

Registered
i have a 2002 le i was going to do a custom paint job on it but i was tould it was worth more .should i paint it or leave it alone .i was tould only 140 le 2002 were made .is that true

Post a Picture lets see what you have.

And by the way welcome I just notice it was your 1st post.

<!--EDIT|Tio Loco
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138315777 -->

welcome to the best Busa site around.

Lots of LE's were made. Limited Edition.

RSD.

Well if you really want to tweak your head the 2002 Hayabusa was an SE. The LE started in 2003, now the 2002 "Midnight Falcon" as it was released to the dealers, was made in limited numbers but of course NOBODY knows but Suzuki and they aren't talking. What I do know is that you can expect there to be at least one SE per US dealership. So about 1600 or so give or take.

Also the replacement plastics and tank are about the same price so no worries.

Ya know what I would do? I would offer a trade for your Black plastics with someone who has standard colors. Let them pay the shipping. Just about any Barbi-Busa owner will jump at the chance and you can simply spray red plastics instead of sexy Black ones...
laugh.gif

Seriously though, I'd offer up a trade for some other plastics in perfect shape. I get lots of folks commenting on how sweet that Black Busa up front at the shop looks, but not many comments about the others.
wink.gif

Oh and as for being worth more? Depends really. There is no real collector value, but you will find "Supply and Demand" and desireability can impact the price. This is true in the auto world too, some colors really take off and folks will pay more money for those colors. Blue book won't reflect this, but market demands can.

<!--EDIT|Revlis
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138317920 -->

welcome to the org.............enjoy the maddness......
type.gif
talk to ya latter I hope...
smile.gif

post some pic,s of you,r busa when you get time.................................. we just luv pic around here.......
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|BUSA-MAN 24-7
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138320705 -->

totaled a 2002 se so thats 1 less on the market.great looking bike with the black frame and swingarm,have a grey/black 05 now

<!--EDIT|DRAGBUSA1300R
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138322058 -->

welcome to the board. I love that year color. But I must say I am glad Idecided on the 05 LE over that. It's shinny. I like shinny things

Welcome aboard, you are about to learn more about that bike than you ever imagined.

LE Lightning eccelleration or SE Super eccelleration. Either way you spell it they are the fastest ones.
biggrin.gif
. I found three of them within 100 miles of me when I bought mine so there must be a few of them around

WELCOME DRAGON this is a great site by the way,If your plastics are mint and you wanna change up colors call me I may be able to make you a sweet deal,and we both end up happy,I wanna build some Gruge twins,but they have to look alike to be twins.Daniel 503-381-8187

<!--EDIT|GoldenChild
Reason for Edit: None given...|1138376516 -->

Welcome. DOn't let anyone fool you, that is the fastest color, I am sure someone would trade you for the plastics.

Here is mine.

P3120016.JPG

I wouldn't paint that color of OEM plastics. If you want a different color, I would trade/sell or something of the sort because.....even though that color isn't necessarily rare, (2002 model LE) it is probably one of the most sought after colors.

FYI.....they made more than 140 of the BLACK LE in 02. The 140 # is for the Canadian Black SE produced in 2003.
wink.gif

if there are no frame slider holes in his and he wants a solid color i will make him a deal he can't refuse.

Back