Paint job cost

kdawg31337

Registered
Though I know I really want a Busa, I'm faced with a very difficult choice. I refuse buy a bike with a paint scheme I don't like, and honestly, I haven't really liked anything they have come out with since the 2002 blue/black scheme. So questions:

1) I see lots of you guys painting your bikes. Around how much would it cost to get a proper (factory-quality) blue/black paint job similar to the 2002 blue/black? If I had one done, I'd probably go a bit fancier, but I essentially want black with blue accents.

2) How much would a 2002 go for these days? Would it be worth it? I feel I would really like the security in knowing I have a bike nobody has messed with, and a warranty for more protection. If it's significant enough of a drop in price, I'd just get the 2002.

3) Is there any worthwhile change since 2002 to 2006? I'm in no real hurry, so would 2007 be worth waiting for?

Not that I'm biased but my bike is for sale, it is truly mechanically sound and I live in MA too so you are free to come check it out, heres my post from a week ago, check it out.

Not tryin' to hijack, but ewwwwwwwwwwww an Army recruiter.

J/K bro,
I am a Navy recruiter.

Don

Hey no matter what branch, if youre a recruiter then I feel your pain.
laugh.gif

eww...recruiters! more power to you guys! Dont want your job! Some people think its bad enough being a tech school instructor but there is on guy here that used to be a Air Force recruiter... he loves this compaired to recruiting!

a friend of mine just replaced all plastic on his 04 busa, and the plastics kit cost him roughly $4500. he didnt change the color scheme, went back to what it was from the factory, blue and silver. I custom painted mine, and only have about $2500 invested.

Not that I'm biased but my bike is for sale, it is truly mechanically sound and I live in MA too so you are free to come check it out, heres my post from a week ago, check it out.
man..that is nice! Black/Blue? Nope. I would suck that one up in a heartbeat.

Very nice.

hogger...

a friend of mine just replaced all plastic on his 04 busa, and the plastics kit cost him roughly $4500. he didnt change the color scheme, went back to what it was from the factory, blue and silver. I custom painted mine, and only have about $2500 invested.
Dayum, that sounds high for OEM plastics.

nyrican has one of the most beautiful color schemes that I have seen. I just recently had my bike painted again. I went with a House of Color candy-apple red with a gold undercoat. Cost me $1500 for a flawless job. Add to that another $130 for custom decals, and you have a completely tricked-out show-type bike....
biggrin.gif
Here is a pic of mine before the new paint... (this job was $1200)

MyBusa.JPG

Back