2004 LE brake arm

jay21112

Registered
Hi, I've been reading the posts on this site now for quite a while but I've never had anything worthwhile to ask/contribute. I must say that not only do you guys know a lot about bikes buy some of you are absolutely hilarious!

Anyways, here is my question. About 2 months ago I got a 2004 LE hayabusa. As I'm looking at it I notice the rear brake arm is polished aluminum while the rest of the frame is black. The thing sticks out like a sore thumb and I'm thinking why did Suzuki do this? The other day I went on the web site and the picture of a 2004 LE shows a black brake arm... So I go to my dealer and ask what the deal is. He says sometimes the pics on the web site are not actual products. Since he doesn't have any more LE in stock and I've never seen another one in person I was hoping someone here could tell me if the 2004 LE (all red) hayabusa has a (Stock) black brake arm or aluminum brake arm.

P.S. Any 2004 LE, or for that matter, any hayabusas in the southern MA, RI area?

Thanks.

Welcome Jay. Don't be afraid to jump in, we'll let you know if you don't have anything worthwhile to say...
tounge.gif

I had the same issue with mine on my 2002 LE. I painted it myself. You can see it pretty good here.

Postal.

RS2.jpg

You can see it a little better in this pic, upper left corner of course. I took this pic some time ago to show my lowering link. Don't have one of just the brake arm.

Llink.jpg

Mine is also blacked out. I painted mine per Tom's suggestion (Postal). I went further and had the rear sets done also as well as the rear pillion posts.

newbusa2.jpg

Back