Whats the deal with the LE' s ?

jeff355

Donating Member
Registered
Im looking at a couple different busas. The one I like the best is a white LE. Are the LE's actually worth more? I know early on they were actually limited to a couple hundred units- is that still the case? Or is it just marketing?

Badging, unique colors, and, at the time, the all black frame, no mechanical differences. Pretty much boiled down to a graphics package
As for monetary worth.. that is always up to the buyer. The seller can ask whatever he want's, but it's only worth what your willing to pay.

Last edited:
So, theres not a limited amount built anymore. The bikes an 06 and I really like the pearl white and black frame.

So, theres not a limited amount built anymore. The bikes an 06 and I really like the pearl white and black frame.

Make sure that it has the "Limited Edition" tag on the dash panel and the year # on the VIN is correct.
It's pretty easy to paint an '07 (which all had black frames) pearl white.

Last edited:
$500 more retail, but just depends on what color you want. Im sure people passed up LE's just because they wanted the other color. I have an LE, kinda...:laugh:

Yes I heard that too ! And yes its got the limited stuff. Its an 06. That white just looks awesome...

This is what I want to do, I think it looks great in white !

0809_sbkp_27_z+2006_suzuki_hayabusa_le+right_side.jpg

Seen plenty of the '06 White ones around me... Doubt they were limited to the hundreds...

There were 500 06LEs sold in the US. You must just be in an area populated with some because when I was looking for mine it was the only one I could find in SC, NC, and GA. And I've only seen one other one in my area.

As far as I'm concerned, it's worth a little more just because of the difficulty of finding one to buy. Mine. . . Well it's worth about $50,000,000. Cause that's about what it would take to get me to part with her. I love her. :laugh: And she was very hard to find.

Personally, I went for an 07 model, which are all "Limited" but without the Limited badging.

I wouldn't pay extra for limited. I'd be looking for the lowest priced bike with the best maintenance with the lowest miles. If miles, cosmetics, and accessories (e.g., exhaust) are equal, look at the condition of tires, chain, and sprockets, which can rapidly increase the real cost of the bike to you.

After 2003 with the starter fix, there is very little to differentiate the bikes other than colors or black vs. silver frame. And before 2003, you can beef up the starter bearing support, so even that would not be a big deciding factor to me.

There were 500 06LEs sold in the US. You must just be in an area populated with some because when I was looking for mine it was the only one I could find in SC, NC, and GA. And I've only seen one other one in my area.

As far as I'm concerned, it's worth a little more just because of the difficulty of finding one to buy. Mine. . . Well it's worth about $50,000,000. Cause that's about what it would take to get me to part with her. I love her. :laugh: And she was very hard to find.

Don't think so.........They are Japanese, their "limited" means 10,000 or more. I don't believe they are worth any more than a standard. Paint and stickers is all.

Back