opinions on the 05 LE busa

gm1300

Registered
figures i was waiting for months for this color and then 5 days after i couldnt wait anymore and i got the black and silver 05 then the LE comes out , 5 friggin days  

the 05 black and silver i got was total'd so i guess i could easily pick up the LE now.

now after seeing the pictures , i think if i get another busa i might not want this all dark color , too hard to keep clean and i am not as head over heals as i thought i would be about it

i think the ultimate busa for me would be to paint one a solid silver , i was thinking the stock metallic silver color from the 05 black and silver .

what do you guys think ?

the 05 LE or a regular 05 (with a silver frame) painted all metallic silver?

i want to hear what you guys think and why

PS congrats to anyone who got the 05 LE and please dont take offense on that fact i dont like it as much
as you do . i may very well get an 05 LE myself

<!--EDIT|gm1300
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113675223 -->

Well I know I may take a reeming for this but I do not like the look of the 05's compared to the older busa at all. I was so pumped when I saw the blk/gry on the website that I was itching to get to the dealer and check it out. For one I am not a fan of clear signal lenses so that got me a little but not too bad just a small irritation. Then I like looking at my tank and seeing the Suzuki name written across it. The little S might work for the gixxer but the busa looks better with Suzuki. Then I saw my first MAJOR complaint. The cheap ass finish they are giving the bike now. DECALS where paint used to be!!!! I could not believe it. Then I look down at the front wheel fender and it's not even finished from half way down! That right there made me glad I bought my 03 new. I mean it may just be me but I just think for such an awesome bike ZUK cheaped it out a little this year. My .02

I was so pumped when I saw the blk/gry on the website that I was itching to get to the dealer and check it out.
it was the opposite for me . when i decided to buy a busa i didnt like any of the 2 tone models at all.

i was dead set on the 05 LE. but once i saw the 05 black and silver in person i had to have it ( i didnt want to wait for the LE anymore).

i figured if the LE came out and i felt i made the wrong choice that i would go ahead with a solid silver paint job on mine to make up for it .

after seeing the 05 le, i do like it but i dont feel like i HAVE to have it . dont get me wrong it is beautiful but i think a solid  silver metallic with the stock silver frame would be better

I like the solid color LE models - less busy than that two tone paint schemes.

For my taste most of the Japanese paint schemes are a little to busy and I think that LE's look better being just a single color.

BUT, thats what makes the world go round...different strokes

Kent

now if the 05 LE's frame was the same color as the fairings (instead of black)
then it would be really hot

I like the solid color LE models - less busy than that two tone paint schemes.

For my taste most of the Japanese paint schemes are a little to busy and I think that LE's look better being just a single color.

BUT, thats what makes the world go round...different strokes

Kent
i agree, i dont think you read my question . if i had to leave it stock i would probably take the le over the 2 tone also

but what do you think would look better a stock LE or an o5 painted solid silver , using the metallic silver color from the 05 black and silver

figures i was waiting for months for this color and then 5 days after i couldnt wait anymore and i got the black and silver 05 then the LE comes out , 5 friggin days

the 05 black and silver i got was total'd so i guess i could easily pick up the LE now.

now after seeing the pictures , i think if i get another busa i might not want this all dark color , too hard to keep clean and i am not as head over heals as i thought i would be about it

i think the ultimate busa for me would be to paint one a solid silver , i was thinking the stock metallic silver color from the 05 black and silver .

what do you guys think ?

My best advice to you is get what YOU want and the hell with everyone elses opinions. I wish someone would paint theirs black and silver harley colors and mess with those guys.

i agree diesel .i just wanted to hear some opinons and kill some time while i cant be riding .
i am sitting home with a broken pinky so i cant ride . i have too much time on my hands .
my hand will be in a splint for like 6 to 8 weeks so i have plenty of time to decide .

my 05 busa was total'd within 48 hrs so i want to get a real nice one setup for when i am ready to ride again .

I like the other LE colors better but I still haven't seen the 05 in person. In the pictures it looks cool but at this point, I like any of the two tone 05's better. This feeling could change after I actually see one!

If I was ever going to repaint mine and I hope I never have to........I would go with similar colors but with a pearl mixed in. I would also have the pattern matched exactly with the Kanji airbrushed on but very close to the original one. The idea would be to make it look stock from a distance and obviously very custom up close. I think Suzuki did a great job with the paint layout on the 05s.

I like it, its possible to get board of any color after awhile...it would be nice to have an LE and my Red and black one.
smile.gif

When I first saw the LE, I liked it, I like the fact of a solid color, I dont like 2 tone, when I had my 01 Busa I repainted it a solid color. The regular 05's do look cheesy with the graphics, (stickers) I was going to get a Silver/Blue 05 then paint the tank, upper, and front fender, (and take all the stickers off) and it would have been a solid silver bike. But I found a good deal on a Limited, and decided to wait for that. (I like the black frame) So Im still waiting.. hopefully this week ! (and all the sticker will come off of that as soon as I get it)

After seeing the LE pics and seeing one in person I am glad I didn't wait for it IMHO the black/silver is just more eye-catching than the graphite alone it is a nice looking bike and all i'm not knocking it one bit I just think maybe zuk should done something a lil different but I dunno what that would be. As far as painting a busa the stock silver color from the 05 all over I think that would look really cool especially with the flake that's in that silver, I had actually pondered doing that to my bike cuz that silver is a hot looking color in the sun. It looks like it has diamonds in it or something.
Jay

As far as painting a busa the stock silver color from the 05 all over I think that would look really cool especially with the flake that's in that silver, I had actually pondered doing that to my bike cuz that silver is a hot looking color in the sun. It looks like it has diamonds in it or something.
Jay
yup , just what i was thinking everyone was admiring that sparkiling silver gas tank .

i know i could get that color matched . i think it would look phenominal . after i see the LE in person i will know wether to get the LE or another 05 black and silver and then eventually paint it all silver (in the fall)

i was real happy with my black and silver just as it was with the stock paint until some cager ruined my spring and cliped me . i had big plans for that bike . oh well

<!--EDIT|gm1300
Reason for Edit: None given...|1113692955 -->

I too like the le/se's look better than the two tone.(although they are cool also). When I first saw pics of the '05 le, I was thinking about a trade in. I really like that dark grey (almost got my truck that color).
I had instantly fell for my '02 se when I saw it (still love it).
Maybe the '06 will be a metallic silver with black frame. I think that would be pretty cool.

what do you guys think ?

My best advice to you is get what YOU want and the hell with everyone elses opinions. I wish someone would paint theirs black and silver harley colors and mess with those guys.
I got a better Idea than that. I want to get my tank custom done with the harley logo....(the one with the eagle behind it) put on it. BUT just above it I want the busa falcon swooping down with it's talons out like it's going to attack the eagle and then inside the harley logo have it saying F your harley.

Back