First Busa Wheelie

ChiTownBusa

Registered
Hey All,

Just thought I'd celebrate a bit. I finally hit 500 miles on the '04 Busa and decided to see what she could really do. Man you guys weren't kidding when you said getting this bike up in the air is easy. I had to either clutch or rev the hell out of my old '02 R6 to get her up, but this damn thing comes up with just the flip of the wrist in first gear. What a rush. Next I have to work on getting more than one gear out of her. Because of the extreme engine braking, she wants to come down quick, but what a freaking rush. This thing makes my R6 feel like a BMX bike. Just thought I'd keep all of you up to date on a newbie to the Busa Experience. Also, I just want to to a quick moment to warn all new riders to take caution. I see quite a few post on this website as well as sh.org asking "how to do a wheelie on a busa." Yes, it can be done quite simply, but if you're asking how to do it, you probably never have before. Almost anything with two wheels and an engine can do a wheelie, but a Hayabusa is not what you want to be learning on. I suggest doing what I did. Get yourself a 600 or even smaller, and practice on that. To get the wheel up on a 600 generally takes some high RPMs and is not going to loop on you unless you're in first gear pulling it straight up to the rev limiter. The Hayabusa on the otherhand will loop you without even knowing about it. I'm no trying to rant and rave about safety or anything, but I've seen too many people get hurt already this summer. Learn the bike and the basics first, and then worry about wheelies, stoppies, etc... Just my .02

smile.gif

Back