Wheelies

Highbusa

Registered
Whats the best way to pull wheelies on the Busa?? 2nd gear throttle or clutching it. Is there a way to get the front wheel to just gradually ease up, instead of going up fast???

You will get arguments for both ways. I personally prefer to clutch it in 2nd. Get the tire off the ground and power it up from there. Don't expect to clutch it so hard you end up in the balance point. Unless you are doing 12's you are asking for trouble.

I actually have a different approach.  I get my bus into her powerband in first which is 4000 rpm give her a slight twist of the wrist (WHILE ALWAYS COVERING YOUR REAR BRAKE, mind you) and she floats right up in the air.  When you want to let her down.  Ease off the gas.  right before you land.  give her a pinch of throttle to set her down like a baby.  (IF you think you are going to loop her; tap the rear brake.  You WILL bust your balls and maybe your seals (over time),  but always keep your back brake covered.  Start slow and work your way up.  I personally am signing up with some buddies to go to the Starboyz wheelie school this summer and keith codes wheelie school next year to top it off!!  Be careful.  
cool.gif

<!--EDIT|busabrother
Reason for Edit: None given...|1082227819 -->

With my busa 5"'s over (before I started redoing it) I would get it to about 4000-4500rpms and do stand ups. For me the I like the standups alot more. Just stand up push down (compress the forks) and then when they uncompress full throttle baby. Then she will start coming up. Be carefull not to loop. It is all hand control.

I actually have a different approach. I get my bus into her powerband in first which is 4000 rpm give her a slight twist of the wrist (WHILE ALWAYS COVERING YOUR REAR BRAKE, mind you) and she floats right up in the air. When you want to let her down. Ease off the gas. right before you land. give her a pinch of throttle to set her down like a baby. (IF you think you are going to loop her; tap the rear brake. You WILL bust your balls and maybe your seals (over time), but always keep your back brake covered. Start slow and work your way up. I personally am signing up with some buddies to go to the Starboyz wheelie school this summer and keith codes wheelie school next year to top it off!! Be careful.
cool.gif
Thinkin about attending the Starboyz wheelie school myself. Sounds like good info in a more structured & safe environment.

Back