First attempt at video making - Calif Spdwy

MoTrFinger

Registered
This is my first attempt I bought the equipment this weekend and started learning video editing last night the music is from a band I was in for several years. The ride is 04 busa the view is from the helmet cam. The beginning is an AMA licensed racer showing everyone in the beginning group we are slow ;) at least I make some passes.

Last edited by a moderator:
biggrin.gif
Looks like fun from up her in the frozen North!

That was a nice clean video. You did a good job.
beerchug.gif

I like the way you owned those three bikes on the straight.
cool.gif

Just fuggn beautiful Man (video and music), also I like how you ran them boyz down one by one spankn there azz's .
beerchug.gif

Ryd'm Cowboy !

if that is your 1st attempt, well kudos to you.
thanks for sharing.

Thanks for the feedback everyone. I bought the camera and such last week mounted it saturday night so the first two sessions I fugged up and didnt get but got smarter as the day went on
smile.gif
. The front straight was a total blast just opening up that busa what a rush. I hit some runs where I went past s/f line 6th gear holding it open so I'm pretty sure I was breaking 170 on some of the runs I got hit in the hand with debris one run dam even with gloves on it still hurts at 160+mph hehe I'm going to WillowSprings big track Monday the 6th of Dec so look for my second attempt after that
smile.gif
Thanks for all the feedback I really appreciate it. Keep it safe all!

smile.gif

Great video!

Too bad you couldn't put a camera on one of those slow-ass bike's and get some video of yourself.
laugh.gif

i'm waiting on the download but those still images are sweet ASSSSSSSS..

nice looking setup too.. can you explain the parts/bits I'm sorta curious about trying to get a cam setup so i can fiddle but know nothing about it.

i'm waiting on the download but those still images are sweet ASSSSSSSS..

nice looking setup too..   can you explain the parts/bits  I'm sorta curious about trying to get a cam setup so i can fiddle but know nothing about it.
Actually performance wise the only thing I've done is replace the heavy a$$ exhaust with full titanium and PCIIIr. The first thing I noticed is the handling of the bike improved dramtically. With stock exhaust the front end was diving under braking but it balanced out nicely just from the exhaust. Power wise I'm yet to met the bike on the street or the track that takes me down the straights
smile.gif
Stock suspension although I MUST work on that now that I have all the safety gear, handling is my focus but I'm currenlty researching what I need to do to improve handling so any advice is always appreciated. As far as in the engine I've only done regular maintance and when I changed the plugs I went with the IX iridium plugs which seem to work well. I'm still working on my website but there are some more pix at http://www.supportforcomputers.com

Finger out
smile.gif

smile.gif

Envy, jealousy, longing, craving, wishing... Just a few of the first words to pop into my mind after watching. You definitely owned the straightaway. Thanks for sharing. I've gotta try that someday.

Envy, jealousy, longing, craving, wishing...  Just a few of the first words to pop into my mind after watching.  You definitely owned the straightaway.  Thanks for sharing.  I've gotta try that someday.
I ride on a mountain called Palomar Mountain in San Diego and the standing joke with the folks there is "I own all bikes on the uphill straight aways"
smile.gif
Thanks for your comments I'm living a personal dream by riding on the track with this bike. This dream began in 1999
smile.gif
and will continue as long as the good lord will let me
smile.gif

smile.gif

smile.gif

MoTrFinger! Hey Dude,,,,,, great photos! I love your scooter, I have one just like that except it has Akrapovic carbon fiber cans. Nice ride. I think she is about as far over as you'll get her without dragging the case? Are those stock BT-056's? I have taken my busa to the track a few times. It's not as much fun as my gixxer but still a kick. I have a helmet camera as well but haven't figured out how to edit and put music to it yet? I'm thinking I need computer software for that? Not a computer geek either, two strikes! Hey,,,,,, be careful on those corners with outside guardrails dude! I picked up a guy a few years ago who was doing exactly what you were doing. He slid out, head between the rail post,,,,,, well,,,,,it was his last ride.

MoTrFinger! Hey Dude,,,,,, great photos! I love your scooter, I have one just like that except it has Akrapovic carbon fiber cans. Nice ride. I think she is about as far over as you'll get her without dragging the case? Are those stock BT-056's? I have taken my busa to the track a few times. It's not as much fun as my gixxer but still a kick. I have a helmet camera as well but haven't figured out how to edit and put music to it yet? I'm thinking I need computer software for that? Not a computer geek either, two strikes! Hey,,,,,, be careful on those corners with outside guardrails dude! I picked up a guy a few years ago who was doing exactly what you were doing. He slid out, head between the rail post,,,,,, well,,,,,it was his last ride.
Thanks dude I hear ya on the railing thing I was behind someone this summer, watched him go around a car and try for a hard downhill left hander front washed out on him and he speard his head under the rail. He was on an R6 it scared the crap out of me cause the car kept on going I pulled over to check on him and he was out of it for a minute or so with his helmet stuck he finally got the straps loose got up and gathered his wits after min or so. Good thing he was properly geared cause no real injury just sore and such.

On the tires I actually liked the bt56s but they did slide a bit when pushed in turns like the one in the pic. I switched to BT014s burned them fast but they stuck like sap
smile.gif
then tried the Diablo Corsa's which worked well but when they were close to warn they totally failed I blued them and they lost pocks of tire and exposed raw cord (have some pics if you want to see) so I went back to the 014s and very happy with em. On the track I've been usingthe Bridgestone 002s Dot Racing tire they work well with teh big bike but are much less stable in a straight line cause of the agressive angle of the tire.

Ray

I have the BT-14's on my gixxer as well and really like them. I still have the 56's on my busa but intend to put 14's on it soon. I only have 535 miles on my purple/black busa. I may put the 56's on my gixxer and use them for wheelie/burnout tires this winter. Up here in washington it is cold and wet all winter so I won't be doing much hard riding on cold or damp pavement. Cold tires along with cold pavement will put you on your hinny
blush.gif
I really haven't found any tire better than the 14 for all around use? I generally get around 5K on a set? How about you, do they last very long on your busa?

Nice video. Just wondering how those helm cams work? Do they plug into a regular camcorder, and if so, do you just store the camcorder in your trunk and turn it off and on from there?

Back