My video !!!

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
Ok, after having to upgrade my OS to XP PRO because the video editing software I have only works on XP PRO, and after experiencing numerous crashes and having to tweak the heck out of my computer, and trying to convert a video file from a 17gb video down to something that not only could fit on a CD but has a remote chance of being uploaded. I did it.

It is really kind of poor quality sad to say, I still have the original which is good quality, but I did get 18 minutes worth of video down to 18mb,

and this is with music I dubbed in.

I started with 82 minutes of video at 17gb

When I ride I listen to music, so while I don't have the music in sync with the ride as I actually rode, it is the same songs I listened to. So it kind of gives you a feeling of what I see and hear as I ride..

So.... where can I post this video so people can check it out? and what is the largest video that is acceptable? I would like to tweak it out to make it a little better quality..

So where can I upload it to?

I don't know where to upload it but can't wait to see it!
biggrin.gif

I am converting it again, the first conversion took it down to a 176x144 res, the new conversion (if I can get it finished without crashing is at 320x240 looks much better. Just need a place I can post it for downloading

Bump again,
I can't wait to see the vid too. Hurry, Hurry!

Isn't anyone going to tell me where I can post videos? I see this board has a video section, but I don't know how to upload to it.

I also notice I don't even have access to the regular upload section to even upload pictures..

How do I get access to these areas?

I tried uploading to uponone.com but never saw the vid up there. Don't know where to put vids. Haven't found a place here

fstbusa has an FTP... he could run this tiny web server and feed people from there maybe. I only have 256k up speed... hmmm... maybe I could do some hosting from my place. seems we have a need to up/down video and that stuff is WAY cool!

Doesn't this let you attach the file?

I don't know...just wondering if it would work from there...

upload.jpg

Hey Ron, I used web-a-file.com (URL button isn't workin' for me this mornin', sorry...) to store my little BDE/Hindle movie. It worked ok, it was just sort of a beeyotch to figure out how to allow public access to it. It's an option though.
wink.gif

Here's the URL so you can just cut and paste it. Don't know why the url button ain't workin' for me...
rock.gif

https://www.web-a-file.com/Redirec....ction=1

Let me test...I'm thinking it's just for jpgs...

Ahhh...technology is fun...

NOPE...it won't accept anything but jpg and html...

Sorry, I'm of no use here...as usual!
tounge.gif

tounge.gif
but we love u anyway, chelley-nelly!
smile.gif
Thanks for trying. I know there's a Hayabusa.org VIDEO section somewhere but not uploading to it. Maybe NICKSLICK has some bandwidth to donate to us here?

tounge.gif
but we love u anyway, chelley-nelly!  
smile.gif
 Thanks for trying.  I know there's a Hayabusa.org VIDEO section somewhere but not uploading to it.  Maybe NICKSLICK has some bandwidth to donate to us here?
OH SURE...talk bad behind my back in another thread, then kiss up in another...

I see how it is...
tounge.gif

I'm kidding...I just recently noticed the UPLOAD button was new, so I thought it might work...tried to upload a wav file and it tells you it's not a valid file to upload...

I'm clueless about a lot of things...this topic included...
biggrin.gif
Stop talking dummy...
laugh.gif

tounge.gif

Thanks for tring to help VA, apprecieate it
smile.gif

It is not that great of a video to go through a bunch of hassles anyway. Maybe if everything works out and I get some good vids of the ride at Laguna someone will help with putting the video somwhere...

Thrasher you can upload at uponone.com i thionk
Thanks Busabrother -

I checked it out. They limit to 10mb

I just dont see how to get the video that small. I need to look at other video's I guess.

Right now, it is pretty cool, decent quality, sound is good. 320x200 res. 18 minutes and sitting at around 150mb's

Even if I cut it down to 9 minutes, that is still going to be about 70mb's probably.

I could allways lower the quality, maybe cut down the frame rate... or.. I could just mail a copy to everyone!!!!!
biggrin.gif

j/k
biggrin.gif

biggrin.gif

Back