Colorado Trip Videos

This is from Rio Rancho, New Mexico to Durango Colorado

Last edited by a moderator:
This is from Durango, Colorado to Silverton, Colorado. The first half of the Million Dollar Highway. I've been wanting to ride this road for 25 years now. I've been within a couple of hours of it, but something always prevented my from getting there, until now

The second half of the Million Dollar Highway from Silverton to Delta. The highway at Red Mountain is only open from 12:30 pm to 1:30 pm and 6:30 pm to 8:30 am due to rock slide cleanup. Plan your trip accordingly.

The last leg of the first day. Delta to Fruita via the Grand Mesa Scenic Byway, Unfortunately the sun set when we were only about 1/2 way through.

Ah, the memories... and all the Bambis running towards us as we went by. Gotta do that road again!

Day 2 was our trip to The Arches National Park and our attempt to go to the Dead Horse Point State Park. Rt 128 through the canyon is absolutely amazing.

The Arches National Park is incredible. We weren't willing to invest the effort to make the hike in our gear to get up close and personal with the arches. If you want to do that, dress for hiking and be prepared for the hike.

LCB, I didn't notice it while we were riding, but there is a large arch visible from the road at 11:05 in the video.

The ride out to Dead Horse Point State Park. They wouldn't accept LCBs Park Pass and turned us away at the gate :(

Day 3: We started off in Fruita CO which was convenient since that's where the Colorado National Monument is located

From the monument, we headed down to Telluride for lunch. This was the eventful leg of the trip

This is the end of the video. We didn't make it to Cortez in time to get into Mesa Verde National Park. The trip from Cortez back to Rio Rancho was mostly on the same road that we rode north out of Rio Rancho to start the journey.

Back