My video !!!

Alright, sorry for the delays, but it is up and running.

click here

Go to the link above and click on thrasherfox.
Thanks ProMorpher!!!!

Ok everyone keep in mind two things..

This is nothing intesne, just a nice ride on 25 in California, if nothing else it is a good visual of the road if anyone is interested in finding it and riding it, second it is 142mb's in size...

Big hats off to ProMorpher for hosting this video for me!!

Ok, Mike, Tbonem Ur It, WWJD and everyone else.. here is my video. Dont even try to download it unless you have a good pipe (no smart a$$ comments please)

Pacman, even though you cant view it at work, maybe you can download it, burn it to a cd and take it home? If not let me know and I will mail you a cd..

Anyone know if I am going to piss anyone off by having music on the video? do I need to put a disclaimer?  recognition? permission from the artists?

Anyone know how to get in contact with Sting or U2?  
smile.gif

btw - is the link again 18 minutes of my ride from Santa Cruz to Hanford on hwy 25

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1088696076 -->

that right click script is really annoying
mad.gif
plus it crashes IE

Okay, I'm downloading with MOZILLA.  Right click save popup is annoying.  Not to offend, by why the extra hassles there?
It crashes MOZILLA Firebird also

<!--EDIT|WWJD
Reason for Edit: None given...|1088704030 -->

Hmm oddd.. I tested it this morning and you could right click and save as, is that a programing thing?

ProMorpher - did you script it to prevent downloading and to just allow viewing from the site only?

On my computer if you left click, it will eventually pop and and prompt me to run it or save it to disk, seems to work that way.

It looks like instead of just having the file link that you would normally click on, it looks liek ProMorpher might have created a download PHP script that allows complete control over files on your system. actually a smart thing to use and play with.

See if just left clicking and waiting for a prompt to run or save works for all of you. let me know.

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1088708799 -->

I like it!
thumbs-up.gif

oh and i just left clicked and said open it... took an hr to load though even with dsl.

Thanx Ron - K

<!--EDIT|Hawaiibusa
Reason for Edit: None given...|1088709832 -->

I like it!
thumbs-up.gif

oh and i just left clicked and said open it... took an hr to load though even with dsl.

Thanx Ron - K
Thanks Kent -

That will be the same setup I will be brining to Laguna.. Only with a few changes

1) I have ran a power supply through my frame to where the camera mounts, so no more worries about the battery running out.

I have some 12 volt outlets and also a 12v to 110v convertor on my Busa.

2) I am getting better at editing so I should be able to create a smaller file.

Glad you liked it. Figured if nothing else, it shows how the video turns out using my home made camera mount, gives everyone a good visual of one of the fun roads to ride in California

Ron

downloading now. can't wait! love this kinda thing. Thanks trasher and PRO for hosting!

Sorry about the right click thing fellas. Ron is right, I've been toying with PHP and JavaScript. I didn't think to just have a straight link to the video, figured I would just incorporate it with the rest of the site.

Hey Thrash, just downloaded the video.......12 minutes using roadrunner. Anyways cool vid, just wish we could see the speedo to see what LEGAL speeds your cruising.
biggrin.gif

Cool...I got it! Now, I just want to go ride!!!
smile.gif

I'm thinking I need one of these cameras
biggrin.gif
Looks good thrasher...nice riding roads you've got there...
cool.gif

Thanks all for the comliments... Yeah, we have some nice roads here... I mean I have never really been anywhere else to compare, except for Phoenix and while the road Mike D took me on looked like it would have been a cool road to ride, the day we went it was like bumper to bumper traffic.

Yeah the video camera thing is cool. I have been using it alot, video taping the boys school stuff, sports, hollidays, then archiving them onto computer and storing them.

I just hooked up a constant power source on my bike for the video camera, so all I have to do now is make sure I have lots of tapes, no more worries about the battery running dead.

Hey Thrash, just downloaded the video.......12 minutes using roadrunner.  Anyways cool vid, just wish we could see the speedo to see what LEGAL speeds your cruising.
biggrin.gif
mzrsq -

Legal speeds?
jump9.gif
you know, as I was contemplating where and how to mount my camera I was thinking "yeah yeah yeah, have it so you can see the speed!!!"

And I know you were playing when you made the comment, But I actually did take that into consideration when I was building my camera mount however after thinking about it I decided against it, for numerous reasons.

1) Just my opinion, why would I want a video tape of me on a public highway speeding, showing the speed and then releasing it for public viewing. I mean the chances are nothing would ever happen, but the bottom line is breaking the law is breaking the law, why would I want to provide hard core evidence that would incriminate myself.

And I always try to keep in mind, what ever I put on the net, will probably be there for ever, someone somewhere will have it as an archive, it is doubtful whatever you put on the net will ever completely vanish from this planet

2) The only way to get the speed in the video is to have the camera mounted somewhere I don’t want it. where it is mounted now, it is pretty much out of site out of mind. That way when I am riding I can focus on my riding, of the camera is there in front of me, taunting me, luring me to push myself more just for the audience, I might fugg up. And I don’t want the camera in the way of my body..

So while yeah, the ego would to have on video in the upper right a sign that reads 25mph turn, and seeing the speedo exceeding 60, in the end it doesn’t matter, anyone that rides motorcycles can tell from the lean angle about how fast someone is going.. except for the straights I guess.

I did have a few long runs that I edited out where I hit 150 plus, so that would have been cool, but not that impressive, almost everyone on this board I think has gone faster than I have. I could hit 170 and if it was on the speedo most people on this board would look and think "oh, uh well thats nice.."  lol

I cant wait until Laguna to video tape that..

<!--EDIT|thrasherfox
Reason for Edit: None given...|1088780050 -->

Yeah I can eat cookies.. I am not really on a "diet" I just watch what I eat... but I have 1 or 2 days every week that I eat junk.. It is actually good to eat some junk food once a week, keeps you from going nuts and keeps your body from getting to used to a strict diet...
biggrin.gif

Saving up for a wedding? whos getting married? thought you were allready married!!
me to!
everything I watch I eat
laugh.gif

Back