Finally some progress

Got the tank finished up and in primer, there was a spot that the shell was cracked(not sure how it did was on top of the tank) Got it patched up sanded out
1-22-11013.jpg

1-22-11014.jpg

Have it almost ready to pull the swing arm back off to do the frame gonna see if i can get that all masked and prepped tonight.

Arms back off got the frame all prepped and primed. Almost forgot i need to put the pair block off plates on that are hanging from my garage door track.

Big bike swap meet next weekend gonna try to locate a good uncut solo cowl cheap, some gixxer 1k mirrors and possibly a 1k front fender to see how it looks:thumbsup:
1-22-11015.jpg

1-22-11016.jpg

1-22-11020.jpg

1-22-11023.jpg

1-22-11022.jpg

Should have masked the pipe off a little better, forgot to get the rear sets and other parts prepped and didnt feel like mixing up any more primer after i cleaned my gun:whistle:

Wasnt easy starting to prime the frame, but no turning back now!!

Arms back off got the frame all prepped and primed. Almost forgot i need to put the pair block off plates on that are hanging from my garage door track.

Big bike swap meet next weekend gonna try to locate a good uncut solo cowl cheap, some gixxer 1k mirrors and possibly a 1k front fender to see how it looks:thumbsup:
1-22-11015.jpg

1-22-11016.jpg

1-22-11020.jpg

1-22-11023.jpg

1-22-11022.jpg

Should have masked the pipe off a little better, forgot to get the rear sets and other parts prepped and didnt feel like mixing up any more primer after i cleaned my gun:whistle:

Wasnt easy starting to prime the frame, but no turning back now!!

Did you etch prime the frame first or just shoot regular primer

Last edited by a moderator:
Yep actually snagged some real good stuff from work:whistle:
I've seen the stuff sprayed onto nearly polished aluminum and come back years later looking brand new so hoping it'll be alright on the bike.

I have a purple cowl off my 04 if you are interested. I see you are painting other parts so this would not be a problem. Send me PM if interested:beerchug:

And here it is with the "industrial" PPG sprayed. Only issues i had was up front around the triple was a bit hard getting the gun in there with the hopper on top think my bottom feeder woulda worked a bit better but rest came out amazing. I've used this before to spray the conditioners on zambonis back when i worked at a rink and it held up great to getting stepped on and constantly being in a wet environment.

1-23-11001.jpg

1-23-11002.jpg

1-23-11005.jpg

1-23-11007.jpg

wow that looks great! black frame looks much better and the 1k mirrors will be an improvement over stock.

man that does look sick...i am hoping to do this yet this winter...not looking good as money is tight...

Looks pretty sweet bro. Satin finish, or matte? Hard to tell on my phone

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Yep actually snagged some real good stuff from work:whistle:
I've seen the stuff sprayed onto nearly polished aluminum and come back years later looking brand new so hoping it'll be alright on the bike.

Cool.. I heard phosphate prrimer is the best if you can find it

did you know that those little plastic covers on either side of the frame are just stuck on? they're not covering anything at all. i suppose it's a bit late at this point to mention that.

did you know that those little plastic covers on either side of the frame are just stuck on? they're not covering anything at all. i suppose it's a bit late at this point to mention that.

Yea i was wondering about those decided to leave em on

Update: Got all the rearsets, small parts painted. Today decided i wasnt happy with the tank so did some more body work to where the split in the shell was and got her alot better. Tank, new solo, undertail are ready for primer
busa001-1.jpg

Late decision to axe the frankenstein bolts, got to sand down the skim coat tomorrow so i can prime it with the other stuff
busa003-1.jpg

Took the bosses for them bolts off all together
busa002-1.jpg

And my top clamp was all scratched up and the emblem was damaged so flat black it became!!
busa004-1.jpg

If i can stick with a plan and quit making late changes and picking up other projects i'd like to shoot my plastics this coming weekend...But i've been saying that for 4 months:whistle:

Keep up the good work bro! Looks great so far

Sent from my rooted, rom'd, and rockin droid

Back