Been busy with mods

hyyaqt

Donating Member
Registered
Well, I took a week off for vacation, and did the family thing for 4 days. I came home to start the mods before I returned to work. Here are some pics. I did the screen mod, new undertail, hugger, gel seat. I also installed LED's in tail with a tail intergrator, so I had to do some searching on here and found that I needed the 552 flasher mod also.
****FOR all 2004 Busa owners the color code for the flasher mod is NOT orange-green wire, it is a brown wire and the light blue.****
Anyway, tell me what you think.

Pic #1:

Last edited by a moderator:
very nice.... I like the plate mount

Looks good, how long did fitting/cutting in the undertail take??
It took me about 4 to 5 hours for everything on the tail. Including a couple of trips to the local auto parts stores for LED tail lights and cut off wheels for my dremel. It wasn't that hard though. Oh yeah and about an hour drying (i rushed that) on the screen on the tail.

Thanks for the replies everyone.

Steven

Lookin' Good!
cool.gif

They look great, but the guy had some bad feedback and I've been trying to make up my mind about ordering them. Was he a quick shipper? Are You happy with the fit and finish? I'm kind of thinkin that the Neg feed back on this guy comes down to a couple of whiners cause your bike is beautiful with those parts. Mines a Bl/Sil 04 also. You said that You went to buy LED's was it just because you didn't like the bulbs that came with the undertail? Thanks for any info.

Bike looks sweet. Do you have a pic of the front of your bike?
I would like to see how the windscreen looks from the front.

<!--EDIT|arey
Reason for Edit: None given...|1086743486 -->

They look great, but the guy had some bad feedback and I've been trying to make up my mind about ordering them. Was he a quick shipper? Are You happy with the fit and finish? I'm kind of thinkin that the Neg feed back on this guy comes down to a couple of whiners cause your bike is beautiful with those parts. Mines a Bl/Sil 04 also.  You said that You went to buy LED's was it just because you didn't like the bulbs that came with the undertail? Thanks for any info.
OK....here's the deal with this eBayer. About a week after I bought combo kit (undertail and hugger). I get just a hugger in, (for a GSXR 750 & 1000). So, I'm pissed cause I've got a hugger that doesnt fit my bike and no undertail. Then I say screw the email and look on his UPS label to get the phone number. After a few transfers to get to the guy, he says "No problem, the shipping guy sent you the wrong hugger out. I'll send you out your hugger and the undertail right now and I'll send a call tag to have the other hugger picked up." So I agree, went on vacation. When I get back, I have a new CORRECT hugger, no undertail. The next day, they come to pick up the incorrect hugger, no undertail. SO I email the guy and say "WTF?" He emails me back within the hour and say's "I'm checking it". Later that day, the undertail arrives. NO problems, great fit, great paint (however the first hugger I got had a paint run in it). Overall, he made it right, it took 2 weeks, but I'm pleased with the result. As far as the bulbs, it just uses stock bulbs and harness to mount, so I changed to LED's, because I couldn't find red bulbs and I was taking a trip the next day.

Sorry so long, but these are things you need to know when ordering.

They look great, but the guy had some bad feedback and I've been trying to make up my mind about ordering them. Was he a quick shipper? Are You happy with the fit and finish? I'm kind of thinkin that the Neg feed back on this guy comes down to a couple of whiners cause your bike is beautiful with those parts. Mines a Bl/Sil 04 also.  You said that You went to buy LED's was it just because you didn't like the bulbs that came with the undertail? Thanks for any info.
Oh yeah, one more thing, If you look in Pic #4 above, the hugger has a slight GAP that I could not get flush with the swingarm, but it still looks OK. Just my opinion. And don't get me wrong, for $220, you cant buy a hugger and undertail anywhere else that I could find!

Oh yeah, one more thing, If you look in Pic #4 above, the hugger has a slight GAP that I could not get flush with the swingarm, but it still looks OK.  Just my opinion.  And don't get me wrong, for $220, you cant buy a hugger and undertail anywhere else that I could find!
No , Your right about that. I went ahead and ordered last nite and we'll see how It goes. Thanks for Your answers and It's good to know that This guy takes care of every thing even if It does take a little time.

Back