FINALLY GOT HER DONE BIKE/AIRBRUSH

Str8 crazy babee  
super.gif
, now give yourself a pat on the back.

uploaded_banner.jpg

<!--EDIT|Rhythm
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107243630 -->

uploaded_banner.jpg

I'm not a real airbrush fan either, but the bike is very nicely done and as someone else said: Not overstated.NJ.:)

Looking good can't wait to see the sun pics should have mine completely done here soon only taking a year but the end result will be pretty amazing though

Definately unique! Gotta echo the comments about the kidney panels on the tank and the black trim around the inners.

Looks pretty cool.

There's a lot of skulls in that paint!
biggrin.gif
Airbrushing is a tough thing, but the only opinion that really matters is yours. Nice color scheme and do the line across the inners. Nothing to do with the paint, but have you thought about changing out the gold forks and calipers? Looks nice!

I keep staring at the a$$ end of that bike going....something is not right here..... rear seats on without the grab-bar. I've never seen that before. It looks so different. (Can't say different good, but that may just be because I'm just used to it with the grab-bar on.) So....where did it go?

I took the grab bar off for the shows its not chrome yet, and yes im getting lots of chrome here in about a month. Im chroming the forks, the top tree and lower tree, and the middle one is getting painted blue so you can see it through the skeleton tree. chrome wheels, all 3 calipers, rear pegs, front pegs, engine cover, cluth cover, kick stand after i cut and weld it shorter, and the grab bar. so it will again look totally different once i get all the chrome and the exhaust put on her.... thanks again for all the compliments. i love them please keep em' coming. thanks again
James

I have to ask about the custom paint job, because im thinking of doing mine, whats the cost of something like that go for?
biggrin.gif

<!--EDIT|ridercoach
Reason for Edit: None given...|1107204890 -->

Well I painted the base paint job myself me and my parnter. The airbrush normally would have been more expensive but I got a really really good deal on it. The painter hooked me up cause of the bike and all he wants to get his name out there more. It would prolly cost about 1000 or so just for all the airbrushing cause it has diamond plate in ghost all over the blue area, and skulls every where on the pearl white, there is layers of skulls in the white (which you cant see in the pics). When you are looking at one skull you can see 2 or 3 different ones behind it or inside it. And the paint job that we did ourself is prolly around 1000-3000 depending on the painter and the materials used. I had all the paint laying around so the materials didnt cost me anything this time...

03BusaBoy,
Gotta ask you, and anyone else that may know, where can I order mirrors like that from?
I actually made that mirror my self and I can get more like it. Its a chopper style mirror I fabricated onto a mirror block off but I had to get some custom made with-out any engraving on it so they are plain block off plates. Email me at baggedn20schevy@aol.com for more info if you are interested in the mirrors

looks great. not to sure about having a mean skill between my legs though.
laugh.gif

and trust me bullet the graphics look totally different once out in the sun cause they all have tons of pearl over the top of them, which in the garage, makes them look sh!tty really bad. But that pearl come out big time in the sun. Thanks
James
Nah, I understand the pearl thing. That wasn't what I was talking about. Please understand I'm not knocking your bike, man. I can dig the skull thing. I think the idea was a great one, I just don't think he pulled it off.

I'm just saying that I don't care for his airbrush work. Again, not knockin' your ride or your idea, but here's what I'm seeing... He relies too heavily on stencils. Most of those skulls look like the ones on the ready made skull stencils you can buy from the airbrush supply houses. Using stencils isn't all bad, but a little freehand work once the stencil is removed can go a long way toward masking the hard edged stencil look. His freehand detail is muddy compared to the crisp, hard edges of the stenciled skulls. He is heavy handed with the black in his shadowing and the white in his highlights. He also made some awkward overlaps of the stencils in spots. There's more, but I'm not trying to pick it to death. Just explaining that it wasn't the pearl I was talking about.

Your statement about him giving you a deal and wanting to get his name out tells me that he's probably just getting started in automotive airbrushing. The quality of his work also gives me the same impression. If that's the case, this is a pretty dang good early effort in his career. Even if he has airbrushed other stuff for YEARS, automotive airbrushing is a different animal all together. Heck, just figuring out how automotive paint sprays compared to other types of paint is a big learning curve.

Again, don't take this as a knock on your bike. Take it as my honest opinion of the airbrush work ONLY. Aside from the airbrush work I think your bike is super schweet!
beerchug.gif
If you're happy with the airbrush work, then that's all that matters.
wink.gif

and trust me bullet the graphics look totally different once out in the sun cause they all have tons of pearl over the top of them, which in the garage, makes them look sh!tty really bad. But that pearl come out big time in the sun. Thanks
James
Nah, I understand the pearl thing. That wasn't what I was talking about. Please understand I'm not knocking your bike, man. I can dig the skull thing. I think the idea was a great one, I just don't think he pulled it off.

I'm just saying that I don't care for his airbrush work. Again, not knockin' your ride or your idea, but here's what I'm seeing... He relies too heavily on stencils. Most of those skulls look like the ones on the ready made skull stencils you can buy from the airbrush supply houses. Using stencils isn't all bad, but a little freehand work once the stencil is removed can go a long way toward masking the hard edged stencil look. His freehand detail is muddy compared to the crisp, hard edges of the stenciled skulls. He is heavy handed with the black in his shadowing and the white in his highlights. He also made some awkward overlaps of the stencils in spots. There's more, but I'm not trying to pick it to death. Just explaining that it wasn't the pearl I was talking about.

Your statement about him giving you a deal and wanting to get his name out tells me that he's probably just getting started in automotive airbrushing. The quality of his work also gives me the same impression. If that's the case, this is a pretty dang good early effort in his career. Even if he has airbrushed other stuff for YEARS, automotive airbrushing is a different animal all together. Heck, just figuring out how automotive paint sprays compared to other types of paint is a big learning curve.

Again, don't take this as a knock on your bike. Take it as my honest opinion of the airbrush work ONLY. Aside from the airbrush work I think your bike is super schweet!
beerchug.gif
If you're happy with the airbrush work, then that's all that matters.
wink.gif
No hard feeling taken. Just some info on the skulls, I wanted those to look like that cause the basic idea was to make them like my arm but not as detailed. The lighter skullz are all off my tattoo on my arm. So i figured I would have him incorporate that into the theme. And he was on a crunched schedule for this show coming up and I told him for the money I had to do what was most conv. at the time. Yes it could have been a lot more detailed but he only had 3 days to work on this bike. And trust me I got a deal prolly not even worth doing ever again. He pretty much gave it to me. But anyways yes i feel you on the detail aspect. I wanted it better but I learn from my mistakes on rushing for something and Im the one who said just to make it like that. And I didnt want it all out detail cause it was to be a ghost effect. I think sometime I still need to go back and put a little more white and pearl over the skulls to settle them down in the paint more. But for now its fine. But for the first air brush job I have had done I figured it turned out pretty damn good to me. I appreciate everyone comments and compliments. Thanks guys for your support and I will be posting more pics when completly done.
James

Back