Finally some pics of my mods

thrasherfox

BUSA
Donating Member
Registered
Finally getting around to posting some pics with my new mods.

Clear alternative lenses (been sitting in a box for over e year

relocated my GIPro (been waiting to do that for 6 months)

Installed the Chrome stator cover I won here (thanks to Cap and Spyder racing)

Installed 1 inch raising links (thanks to Devil Dog and BA BUSA

Replaced left broken lower driving light

Here is first pic

DSCF0975.JPG

(thepushercg @ Mar. 23 2007,12:51) i like those driving lights.    looking good  
beerchug.gif
Thanks. they are attached just using the fairing bolts, so no extra drilling required, have thhem tied into the switch for the brights so just hitting the bright rocker switch turns them on.

And while I have not road any twisites with them at night, other people saw what I did and did the same thing and have said that since they are angled on the bike, when the bike is leaned over they light up corners real well..

I have my GIPro mounted in the same spot and I love it there. I am considering some driving lights but not sure.

Your bike looks awesome.

Don

Actually it is the right turn signal
biggrin.gif

I have the clear alternatives on their, but the bulbs are white and I havent replaced them with Amber bulbs yet

I am considering getting what I think is called the switchback bulbs?

Anyway, they have these bulbs (if I can find them again) that stay on white, but when you hit the turn signal they flash amber.

So that is my ultimate goal is to get those so the front signals are lit all the time

In that picture I just turned on the right signal and caught it when it blinked..

(BigBSBusa @ Mar. 23 2007,17:53) Ron, what's up with your left turn signal in the 4th pic?
I was wonderin the same thing...
rock.gif

Very nicely done... looks sweet!
super.gif

(thrasherfox @ Mar. 23 2007,17:07) Actually it is the right turn signal
biggrin.gif

I have the clear alternatives on their, but the bulbs are white and I havent replaced them with Amber bulbs yet

I am considering getting what I think is called the switchback bulbs?

Anyway, they have these bulbs (if I can find them again) that stay on white, but when you hit the turn signal they flash amber.

So that is my ultimate goal is to get those so the front signals are lit all the time

In that picture I just turned on the right signal and caught it when it blinked..
Ah, I just thought the left bulb was burnt out or something. Definitely makes you visible and looks good, bro.

you have her looking good
beerchug.gif
i never thought about adding driving lights but more lights for the twisties would be nice!

Please, Sir Thrasherfox,
More information on the driving lights. How did you use the fairing bolts to attach them? What brand are they? How did you wire them to work off the high beams? Pics would be be greatly appreciated!
Thanks again
beerchug.gif

cheers
ken

(kml @ Mar. 24 2007,08:20) Please, Sir Thrasherfox,
More information on the driving lights. How did you use the fairing bolts to attach them? What brand are they? How did you wire them to work off the high beams? Pics would be be greatly appreciated!
Thanks again
beerchug.gif

cheers
ken
Ken -

Dont have any pics of the installation. not really a big deal so I didnt document it.

1) Driving lights were purchased at walmart for I think about $12.00

They come with a mounting bracket, the mounting bracket has two holes for mounting. I drilled a hole right in the center of the bracket the same size as the fair mountng screw.

So I used the fairing mounting screw to mount the bracket using the center hole I drilled.

I connected the driving lights power by using a spilcer connector and just spliced into the power lead for the high beams.

And well.. thats pretty much it. easy, simple, maybe $25.00 at most..

Hope this helps

(thrasherfox @ Mar. 24 2007,13:00)
(kml @ Mar. 24 2007,08:20) Please, Sir Thrasherfox,
Thanks again
beerchug.gif

cheers
ken
Ken -

Dont have any pics of the installation. not really a big deal so I didnt document it.

1) Driving lights were purchased at walmart for I think about $12.00

They come with a mounting bracket, the mounting bracket has two holes for mounting. I drilled a hole right in the center of the bracket the same size as the fair mountng screw.

So I used the fairing mounting screw to mount the bracket using the center hole I drilled.

I connected the driving lights power by using a spilcer connector and just spliced into the power lead for the high beams.

And well.. thats pretty much it. easy, simple, maybe $25.00 at most..

Hope this helps
thanks for the info!

cheers
ken

Back