PICS OF MY BIKE BEFORE PAINT....

03BUSABOY

Registered
HERE GOES A COUPLE PICS OF MY PLASTICS. RIGHT BEFORE IM GOING TO START THE PAINT PROCESS. SORRY ITS TAKING SO LONG ON THE PAINT PICS I JUST GOT NEW DIGI. CAM. I HAVE BEEN SANDING EVERYTHING AND GOING IN HOPEFULLY TOMORROW AND START PAINTING IT. THE DARK GREY WILL BE SONIC BLUE. WHICH IS OFF OF THE NEW 2004 COBRA MUSTANGS. THE SILVER WILL BE CADILLAC PEARL WHITE, OFF OF THE 04 CADILLAC ESV'S. THE BLUE WILL HAVE AIRBRUSHED DIAMOND PLATE ON IT IN BLUE PEARL TO MAKE IT A GHOST LOOK (ONLY VISIBLE IN THE SUN/BRIGHT LIGHT). THE WHITE WILL BE COMPLETLY COVERED IN GHOST SKULLS IN PEARL. HOPE YOU ENJOY. I WILL BE POSTING LOTS MORE PICS AS THE PAINT PROGRESSES.
JAMES

<!--EDIT|03BUSABOY
Reason for Edit: None given...|1104129758 -->

Busa_Plastics__sanded__002.jpg

here's just a sample of the skulls that will be airbrushed in the silver area, over the cadillac pearl white, all will be a ghost affect in pearl.

Busa_Plastics__sanded__012.jpg

Sounds like a great scheme! Any problems with the Diamond triple not letting you go full left or right because it interferes with the windscreen?

heres the tank....with my sanding helper!!!
Too funny!
laugh.gif
One point though... Maybe yer not done featherin' the zuk decal area on the tank, but from the looks of it in that pic it looks like it needs to be feathered a bit more in spots to avoid gettin' an "a-hole" around the edges when you top coat it. Looks like the edge might still be a bit abrupt in spots.
rock.gif

<!--EDIT|BulletTrain
Reason for Edit: None given...|1104180408 -->

Looks like it's getting there. Lookin forward to seeing the final paint with the ghost images...That should look sweet.
cool.gif

One Question: Are you planning on removing the tank's filler assembly prior to painting? If the edges aren't at least degreased/scuffed, the new paint could start peeling at the edge.

Good Luck
beerchug.gif

Yes it is feather edged. We only had little spots from the sticker and feathered it all the way down to the metal. Yes also I'm hating this tree cause I like my levers pointed down a bit. No im not taking the filler cap out, and yes i scotch-brited everything twice, I learn from my mistakes. Me and my partner have been painting for about 6 years now and would love to open our own shop. Only thing stopping us is the $$$$> Anyone want to invest!!!LOL, anyways wow thats fast i posted pics last night of prep and sanding, and booo yaahhh here are the pics of the paint. Well without the graphics (airbrushing yet anyways lol). Yes me and my partner painted her today, lil dirt in it but that will be taken care of prior to airbrushing. And these pics do not do the colors justice the blue is sonic blue, and the white is an amazing amount of pearl in the pearl white. Really looks good in the light... Well anyways heres the pics of the parts as the progress continues on this long journey i call the paint process. Im going to show you all the stages, in the color process. Hope you dont mind the many many pics!!! You guys always complain about not enough pics. Well feast your eyes on these for the moment!!!
wink.gif
wink.gif
This one is 1 out of 3 coats of blue

Busa_Plastics__Blue_White_Painted_001.jpg

wink.gif

Back