Finally finished with my ar-15..

One of many building reasons I am wanting to get out of California.

Fuggin gun laws suck here..

You cant have an AR-15
you cant have a .50 CAL

And a concealed weapons permit in California? - - - I work for the federal government, posses clearances I cant even mention, don't even so much as have a traffic violation on my record. probably have not had a ticket in the last 8 years. currently 9 years DOD and almost 10 years in the Marines. Combined 19 years working for the DoD and I cannot get a Concealed weapons permit AND I even know people (friends) who work for the D.A.'s office, SO, local police and CHP.

California sucks.. nice for riding.. but everything else. Inflation, air quality, laws.

I see people all over the place on this board with all kinds of cool weapons and just frustrates the heck out of me..

Ok, rant over…. I will go in my corner and sulk..

Nice AR-15 btw BT

down.gif

50 cal, what civilian in their right mind needs a 50 cal. What would you even do with it, hunt garbage trucks. I don't consider myself anti-gun but I have never seen the reason for people to have machine guns or high powered weapons. Maybe someone can assist me in seeing the light on this one...
rock.gif

50 cal, what civilian in their right mind needs a 50 cal. What would you even do with it, hunt garbage trucks. I don't consider myself anti-gun but I have never seen the reason for people to have machine guns or high powered weapons. Maybe someone can assist me in seeing the light on this one...
rock.gif
It's not about needing one. It's about WANTING one and having the right to own it as long as you're not a criminal. That's just how it should be. If you're not a criminal you should be able to own a .50 or machine gun to play with if you so desire. It's about rights and not being restricted from owning them even though you are a law abiding citizen. It's about Freedom and Liberty. There really isn't another way to explain it. There really shouldn't be a need for any further explaination.
rock.gif

rock.gif

You cant have an AR-15
you cant have a .50 CAL

And a concealed weapons permit in California? - - - I work for the federal government, posses clearances I cant even mention, don't even so much as have a traffic violation on my record. probably have not had a ticket in the last 8 years. currently 9 years DOD and almost 10 years in the Marines. Combined 19 years working for the DoD and I cannot get a Concealed weapons permit AND I even know people (friends) who work for the D.A.'s office, SO, local police and CHP.

California sucks.. nice for riding.. but everything else. Inflation, air quality, laws.

I see people all over the place on this board with all kinds of cool weapons and just frustrates the heck out of me..

Nice AR-15 btw BT

down.gif
Thanks man. And yeah, I don't see how a guy like you can live in a place like Cali with the laws and restrictions and all...

Heck, Georgia just passed a "Stand Your Ground" law this week. It prohibits prosecution *AS WELL AS CIVIL SUITS* against those who use deadly force to protect themselves and eliminates the implied necessity to exhaust the possibility of retreat before using force to defend yourself or others. To have the lawsuits squashed by state law right up front is AWESOME. Until now (or until this law is signed into law by Gov. Perdue) even if you were justified to use force and wasn't prosecuted, you still faced a huge civil battle when the POS or their family sued you. To have that aspect removed from the equation when force is legally justified just plain makes sense!

Move to GA, man. We still have rights... for now.
biggrin.gif

I am not trying to be smart or start an argument. I fully understand the Constitution and support all who are responsible gun advocates. I myself am surrounded by weapons being in the military. I just don't see why we as a society should put .50 cals in the hands of civilians just because they want one. One day an officer of the law may have to enter that house due to a bad situation and now they have to worry about wether or not they will be staring down the barrel of a .50 cal. Like I said, I meant no disrespect, was just looking for some reason behind arming civilians besides the standard "it's our right" line everyone always hears...

I am not trying to be smart or start an argument. I fully understand the Constitution and support all who are responsible gun advocates. I myself am surrounded by weapons being in the military. I just don't see why we as a society should put .50 cals in the hands of civilians just because they want one. One day an officer of the law may have to enter that house due to a bad situation and now they have to worry about wether or not they will be staring down the barrel of a .50 cal. Like I said, I meant no disrespect, was just looking for some reason behind arming civilians besides the standard "it's our right" line everyone always hears...
The same argument could be made in reference to having a 1300 CC, 186 mph bike available to U.S. civilians (or anyone else that lives where there are speed limits and traffic laws). How would you feel about that? Not much different really...
wink.gif
And I'm not picking up a torch and declaring battle on ya. I'm just sayin, that's my take on it.

50 cal, what civilian in their right mind needs a 50 cal.  What would you even do with it, hunt garbage trucks.  I don't consider myself anti-gun but I have never seen the reason for people to have machine guns or high powered weapons.  Maybe someone can assist me in seeing the light on this one...
rock.gif
some ppl say why do ya need a bike that'll go 195 too.......
its better to have something and not need it, than need something and not have it

Ya know, never looked at it like that...LOL. That is a damn good point. I'll have to put that one in the old mental rolodex. Good lookin out brother...
beerchug.gif

50 cal, what civilian in their right mind needs a 50 cal.  What would you even do with it, hunt garbage trucks.  I don't consider myself anti-gun but I have never seen the reason for people to have machine guns or high powered weapons.  Maybe someone can assist me in seeing the light on this one...
rock.gif
It's quite simple actually. If you carry that logic to other things, then who needs a big fine car, house, boat, wrist watch, etc, ... ?
brave.gif

Very nice AR. Guess what im holding in my avatar
smile.gif

<!--EDIT|alocker
Reason for Edit: None given...|1143386915 -->

You cant have an AR-15
you cant have a .50 CAL

And a concealed weapons permit in California? - - - I work for the federal government, posses clearances I cant even mention, don't even so much as have a traffic violation on my record. probably have not had a ticket in the last 8 years. currently 9 years DOD and almost 10 years in the Marines. Combined 19 years working for the DoD  and I cannot get a Concealed weapons permit AND I even know people (friends) who work for the D.A.'s office, SO, local police and CHP.

Nice AR-15 btw BT

down.gif
+1,000,000,000

Makes me eve more glad I'm moving to New Mexico.

--Wag--

Back