How do you clean your AR?

As far as the gas tube, you guys just giving a spray down tube where it meets the bolt and letting it drip out?

ForumRunner_20121203_101631.png

ForumRunner_20121203_101631.png

Binghamton is a toilet as you know, see we got plenty of those. :laugh:

Lol, it's not that bad bro. All in all its top five at least of places I've worked in.

I've never had a had a tube get very dirty, only ones I've seen dirty up are low power rounds like .22 conversions

after shooting i usually clean and lube the bolt and inspect, thats about it, maybe tear em down 2 times a year

I clean all my guns spotless with CLP using the standard tools. Wipe everything down and relube with CLP. Neat thing about that stuff is it keeps disolving the crud. If I am storing long term I will usually clean the gun again a few weeks later. You will be amazed at how dirty it is after the CLP has worked on it a while. Learned this while running our shop armory and enduring many inspections by Security Forces. Clean em, put em away for a while and clean em again.

Some of you guys are going to wear out your guns from cleaning them instead of shooting them! :laugh:

CLP is my primary choice as well.

You may not believe this but in basic training we cleaned them in barrels filled with hot water. Then dried them and lightly oiled them. Now I use CLP.

Done that a few times, showered with my weapon hinged open, seemed okay but just didn't feel right so cleaned normally after each shower, kept having visions of getting alerted only to have bolt rusted in place while sitting in the arms room..

You may not believe this but in basic training we cleaned them in barrels filled with hot water. Then dried them and lightly oiled them. Now I use CLP.

Back