Finally finished with my ar-15..

BulletTrain

Call me Daddy...
Donating Member
Registered
Just got done outfitting my new patrol rifle and thought I'd snap a few pics. Also finished Patrol Rifle school yesterday. Qualified with a 148 score out of a possible 150 (99%). SWAT only has to shoot a 135 (90%) and patrol (what I do) only has to shoot a 120 (80%). This rifle is awesome and did me proud in training. It is VERY accurate, smooth operating, and finished the course without a single hiccup. Can't wait to start on my next AR build. I'm thinkin' a short barrel "entry" type gun.
biggrin.gif

Anyway, here are a few pics...

IMG_0328.jpg

IMG_0331.jpg

IMG_0332.jpg

IMG_0333.jpg

IMG_0334.jpg

IMG_0335.jpg

Looking good...gota love the surfire grip...what color LED's did you go with? And is that the SIR mount - M version?

cool rifle BT.

but I always marvel at yer photography just as much if not more than yer subject matter.

Rubb.

Looking good...gota love the surfire grip...what color LED's did you go with? And is that the SIR mount - M version?
Definitely love the vert grip/light! I went with blue LED's because that's what our SWAT guys have and what they identify as "friendly". Didn't want to get took out by SWAT if I end up on a scene with them in the dark with a different color light.
biggrin.gif

And the light is the M910A with thumb screw mounting system.

BT...very nice...I got the white, the wait for Blue was too long when I ordered mine...but wanted blue. DEA use red around here and sorta neat to see them sweeping fields when searching for illegal growing substance...like evil little red-eyes, just a waiting to get real serious real quick...lol

BT...very nice...I got the white, the wait for Blue was too long when I ordered mine...but wanted blue. DEA use red around here and sorta neat to see them sweeping fields when searching for illegal growing substance...like evil little red-eyes, just a waiting to get real serious real quick...lol
The local shop I got mine from only stocks blue. And I can imagine how those little red "eyes" must look.
biggrin.gif

Love it BT, Still haven't gotten around to getting one myself. But I will, I love the ARs, accurate, reliable, lightweight, whats not to love?

whats not to love?
AR15 can become sickness like Busa...stock is never good enough. Colt, Bushmaster pretty trouble free. DPMS can be pretty good, but stay away from the el~cheapO's...will give you nothing but headache - ran into some head spacing issues, failure to extract, etc... And get good magazines with Green followers...cheap insurance.

AR15.com is a good resource forum.

Love it BT, Still haven't gotten around to getting one myself. But I will, I love the ARs, accurate, reliable, lightweight, whats not to love?
I somehow knew you'd like it. We have the same tastes in AR's and Sig's. Did you see my latest Sig yet?

IMG_0390.jpg

IMG_0389.jpg

IMG_0387.jpg

IMG_0266.jpg

The above shot showing the two separate groups fired...

IMG_0267_groups.jpg

whats not to love?
AR15 can become sickness like Busa...stock is never good enough. Colt, Bushmaster pretty trouble free. DPMS can be pretty good, but stay away from the el~cheapO's...will give you nothing but headache - ran into some head spacing issues, failure to extract, etc... And get good magazines with Green followers...cheap insurance.

AR15.com is a good resource forum.
As for that sickness thing... how right you are! I'm already planning my next build, or two...

And don't forget Rock River Arms when you're talkin' quality AR's! The quality of mine speaks for it's self. The dealer I bought mine from sells Colt and Bushmaster as well. He had Colts when he became a dealer. He told me yesterday that as of now he has sold all his Colts and replaced them with Rock Rivers. He's a machinist by trade and he says that Rock River is simply the best available from what he has seen.

And +1 on good mags and followers. I've replaced all but three of my green GI followers with Magpul self leveling followers though. Once you install one and try to manipulate it out of level and TRY to jamb it up... and can't it's hard to use anything else. I also ordered a three pack of the Magpul Ranger plates. I'm sold on those as well, so I'll be equiping all my mags with those as well eventually. Makes for much quicker and easier retrieval from mag pouches and/or BDU cargo pockets during tactical reloads.

Back