Anybody looking for a nice AR type rifle?

Blanca BusaLess

Suffers from PBSD
Donating Member
Registered
Got this in email a while ago:

ruger_sr556_1.gif

East County Guns | Elma, Washington | 1-360-482-6770
Andy Fleming | Andy@EastCountyGuns.com

-----

Sign up for our free newsletter!* / Follow us on Twitter / Follow us on Facebook

----

Local and WA State sales can use the Shopping Cart*

*Out of State Sales will need to be phoned in - Thanks*

August 19th 2011

---

Ruger*

556 "E"*

Piston AR* - Overstock Sale*

$999.99

Item # 5912 MSRP $1,369.00
Mfg Ruger Your Price: $1,079.99
Model SR-556E Sale Ends: 08/31/11*
Type Rifle Quantity: 99+
Caliber: 223 Finish Black
Additional Specifications
Action: Semi-Automatic
Stock: Black Synthetic 6 Position Telescoping M4 Style
Capacity: 30+1
Receiver: Black Finish
Barrel Length: 16.12" 1-9RH TWIST
Overall Length: 32.75" - 36"
Weight: 7.36 lbs
# of Mags: 1
Additional Features 1: Two-Stage Piston Driven Operating System
Additional Features 2: Round Ltwt Handguard, Full Picatinny Rail
Sale Restrictions: CA CT MA MD NJ NY and Several Localities

SHOP NOW AT OUR

* ONLINE SUPER STORE*

Ask for Andy

Subject to stock on hand

No Back Orders - No Rain Check

-- PHONE ORDERS ONLY --

309 W. Main Street / PO Box 757

Elma WA 98541

Soo...what do you think about this rifle Saiid? I like all the chrome-plated internals...and tell me the difference between this piston operating system and the standard M4 Gas system?

Bushmaster ar15 carbine on sale at Cabelas starring at $699. Top out at$ 1099. Loaded. Check em out.

Sent from my DROID2 using Tapatalk

Soo...what do you think about this rifle Saiid? I like all the chrome-plated internals...and tell me the difference between this piston operating system and the standard M4 Gas system?

The biggest difference is this gun is a piston powered weapon. Without a gas tube like a traditional Ar ZERO gas, carbon and heat get transferred to the bolt and internals of the gun. Watch the video. Hk really pioneered the piston Ar. In video guy fires gun and barrel is smoking hot he then removes bolt and carrier with his bare hand and passes it to other guy. It's cold and clean. Gun does not foul, bolt does not heat up no matter the round count. It is 1000 times easier to clean and maintain as all you need to clean is the barrel really. The rest stays clean. Not to mention the added reliability/safety of the system. Ruger's gun is similar in function and build. I've got two Armalites that I want to convert over to this type of system.

.22 Evolutioin Quebec-A Dedicated .22LR Rifle - YouTube[/url]

This might be my next AR.

Last edited by a moderator:
You can build one for a lot less.Still like the AK better for reliability.The ARs tend to jam up but still dam nice guns.

You can build one for a lot less.Still like the AK better for reliability.The ARs tend to jam up but still dam nice guns.

That H&K is most likely just as reliable as any Ak and it has the better accuracy the Ar platform posseses. I've seen plenty of Aks jam, double feed and fail to feed as well. They are loose as a goose and given larger particles of dirt are probably more reliable but it's difficult to really mount things properly on them with that loose top cover.

I've read lots of good things about H&K but never owned one. I'd like to change that with a USC 45 one of these days.

Also before i start a thread.. i forget chris's id ( ncbusa i thought) what 22LR conversion anyone use/recomend??

way too overpriced... Check what a college classmate of mine is doing ( used to work for spikes tactical) his names garrett... Tell him chris phillips sent ya..he just did price reduction today so he emailed me new pricelist so ill post that when i get home
AR15 Uppers and Lowers for sale - Special Ops Tactical
:thumbsup:

just his gas uppers are as much as the ruger, $1000 is a good deal for the sr 556. look at any rifle that compares with quality, sig or hk and lmk how much you can pick one up for...

i still have to finish the two lowers i have saiid, wish i had the extra $$$ for to take advantage of this deal...

way too overpriced... Check what a college classmate of mine is doing ( used to work for spikes tactical) his names garrett... Tell him chris phillips sent ya..he just did price reduction today so he emailed me new pricelist so ill post that when i get home
AR15 Uppers and Lowers for sale - Special Ops Tactical
:thumbsup:

Chris how do you feel the Ruger is overpriced when just the uppers alone on the site you link are as much if not more? Also they are gas tube design and not piston driven? Gas tube is the way of the past.

My classmates stuff is overpriced also i believe... I just think with as much "parts" being produced...prices should come down... I want a rifle that goes bang ...not bang after abuseing it thus needing all the supposid claims of "superiority" im not takeing my civilian home defense weapon/plink toy into a war zone for gosh sakes... Step away from the koolaide john lol

And i presented my classmates website as a option for those looking for his type of quality and from my assosiation if i can get them a discount ...hey great...was in no way a comparison of price n quality... Hope that clears up what n why i was thinking lol

Yes it clears it up. Thanks.

If the craphitsthefan tomorrow what rifle are you taking to the front?
Your Remington 700 with a wood stock and four round mag or one of the above? The guns above including your friends are identical to an M4 carbine only semi auto. There is no magic metal or configuration that makes a M4/M16 superior to an AR15. I wouldnt hesitate to utilize one of my own. They are plinkers, target guns, 3 gun match weapons and competition rifles but in the end they are weapons of war designed for that purpose. Aren't they?

I like my dpms, but I'd love one of these Rugers.

Posted with my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk.

Oh anyone got a reddot or holograph they wanna part with not too expensive...i dont need tactical capable lol

Back