Finally done testing to post my latest mod

Does a lot but most of it's to a type of memory stick first then transfer to HD. Also no direct input only output from what I understand.

ICE

Last edited by a moderator:
very good job
wow.gif
wow.gif
cool.gif

wow.gif

ice, thanks for the info. So what brand is it that your using. I really like the idea you came up with and I would like to use it also.

When you get done with your review are you gona be sellin the intire set up or would I just go the venders and get the parts from them?

Thanks,
Josh

I have done some initial testing. Overall Im pleased with the monitor dvr unit. I have some dislikes but compared to all that I have looked at it's the best Ive seen. More should be popping up in the future but will probably be similar for awhile. 3.5" built in monitor is perfect. Wouldnt want any smaller size monitor. Size vs upfront controls for on demand recording vs weight makes it acceptable. Ive found other DVR type personal hard drive recorders at a much higher cost $700 & up, yet none have a little of everything. most are "PLAYER" models but not recorder models. You can transfer files, movies etc to them but not record directly to them.

Likes/dislikes.

w/monitor on tripple tree you have upfront controls for recording, playback etc. You can see what your recording angle of cam etc. No lifting seat to start stop cam corder which is a pain. You dont have to be recording to see the cam on the monitor. Monitor is very light weight 12oz. 3.5" monitor is perfect and sun doesnt seem to bother it. Comes with pleather cover case with see thru screen protector. Not the greatest but came with. Has belt clip on back of case as well. You can record movies straight to it like a vcr and watch it on a plane, bus, etc later. Uses ear phone to hear it.
large storage capacity 80 hours of continuous video. It's a hard drive as well. When plugged in via usb cable you can access the harddrive as an external hard drive. Nice if you need to move files from one machine to another thats 80GB. No additional software needed to link it to a computer. HOWEVER divx codex which is free is needed to view avi movies once recorded. avi is the movie format. when played back on a computer it's nearly flawless for what it's being used for. I wouldnt use it in place of a camcorder for important stuff. great for what it's being used for. 20GB or 40 hour version is more than enuff. You will edit or delete junk on demand anyway. long lasting selfcontained battery 4-5 hours (7.4V adapter option) and its rechargable.
in record mode unit can be set to stop in 30 min, 1hr, 2hr, etc.

Dislikes:

MPEG4 video looks good when watched on units monitor or on a computer. When output is plugged directly into a tv input the screen res is stretched so it looks choppy. When played on a TV you see the real player window as if it were on your computer (pause button progress line bar etc). Most people I guess dont intend to use it for earning a living off off too. AVI files can be copied and edited on computer and outputed to a dvd anyway so hey.

Cant access the hard drive on the unit itself like a regular computer. IE pull up the folders and review files etc. So if you dump files from one computer into it, you will have to be connected via USB to see those files in explorer mode. No built in speaker. No TV tuner inside?

Unknown if input and output can be used at the same time? good question though.

ICE

Ref selling of the units. I really wasnt going too. However If someone is truley interested they can email me @ icemann@ameritech.net I can put a system together and ship it to them. Their are other methods and ideas available. If you just want a camera and monitor to see behind you would be much cheaper than trying to record it too.

ICE

ICEMAN, what is the main purpose of your bike mounted cam. For when you're touring. racing, or causing havoc.. Not being negative at all just curious.

I think the setup is SWEET.

The purpose... HMM.

Ive rode approx 17,000 miles last ride season before and during the MOD process. This season will a little less due to significant changes in my life! However, We do a lot of stunt riding, Im the OFFICAL camera guy, if there is such a thing. At myrtle it's perfect for.. nuff said, On the scenic rides or large group rides it gives me something the share with my 11 year old who may not have went.

It can pivit to either side of the bike as is but will be in the nose section soon. It can also face the rear of the bike as well.

For what little racing I get to do it's another tool in learning how to get better.

Lastly it helps promote my other business which involves installing custom theatres etc.

The main reason as with most of us. It's a cool gizmo that allows me to absolutly nothing that can justify why I bought it.

ICE

Oh I forgot... It can store 500,000 songs and is an MP3 player. I have a chatterbox set up for me and JR so we can talk and listen to music. Of those umpteen 1000 miles he was with me on most of them. Its real nice on an airplane or in the car to watch movies on.

ICE

Back