MINI VIDEO MONITOR/HARD DRIVE/DVR 80GB

ICEMANN

Registered
I dont know if many of you remember me posting about this little unit.
MYDVR40.jpg

It's an 40GB HOURS OF RECORDING. (I GOOFED IN THE HEADER) hard drive w/3.5 monitor.  Can store video files, record direct anything on the inputs to mpg4.  Also can store pics, files.  connects to computer and becomes another drive etc etc etc.  Anyway online you cant find them under $600 in most cases and www.supercircuits.com has them around $500.00

I am working on it but if anyone is interested I think Ive got a source for about $225-$250.00.  Not sure.  Their great for surveilance cameras etc.  Ive currently have one on the busa.  Anyway just thought Id share while I still have access to them.

Heres my orignal post.

Monitor/recorder specs:

• Only 12.3 ounces!
• Dimensions: 5.1†X 3.3†X 1.3
• Records up to 80 hours of video and audio
• Built-in 3.5 inch backlighted TFT LCD display for easy camera set-up and playback of video
• video/audio inputs and outputs
• High-speed USB 2.0 computer connection for easy downloading or uploading of video files
• Records using the industry standard MPEG4 Codec
• Easy on-screen menus and the RealONE embedded software
12 volt operation with built in lit/ion 4 hour recharble bat.

If anyone wants to a search on it the model is "PVP PV330.  

** THESE ARE GREAT ON THE PLANE.  RECORD ALL YOUR MOVIES THEN FLY! **
JD

<!--EDIT|ICEMANN
Reason for Edit: None given...|1105664502 -->

Well Ive got em down to $275 but if I can do 10 I can get them to $250 + the shipping from me to you.

JD

Hey ICEMANN, I am one of those computer handycaped guys. Can you explain for us dummies just what that little gadget does and how it works. Or better yet, is there a website that gives all the good information. I've been looking into getting set up to edit my movies and convert them from the mini video to DVD disk? I just don't know much about what I need and how to do it?

tight work ice those mp4 players are gonna be the next huge thing keep me posted on th group buy
cool.gif

What kind of media player is on it?

OK So far. Im going to see about picking units up this weekend. Have ta drive to them to save the $$ but I think you guys will be happy if ya end up getting one. Send me an email icemann@ameritech.net if your interested. I will shell the $$ up front and get them and then email you to send your money. Still negoiating the price haggle down. It all depends on how many I end up getting at once on the total price. Right now for 6 units Im at an approx cost of $300 to your door. Im probably going to just pick up 10 to get the price closer to $275 to your door. Just not wanting to look at 4 of these on my desk for ever. Anyway...

email me if you actully want one so I can make sure to get at least enuff.

The unit is basically a STAND ALONE 40GB hard drive like in your computer. IT uses real player to play back video files. It has a built in 3.5" monitor. It has an input and an output red/whit/yello jack and a usb jack. You can transfer approximatly 1 mill photos from your computer give or take and store it on the hard drive to look at later just like on your computer. You can save files, music etc. OR you can plug your DVD player into it and copy 80 hours woth of video. (or a camcorder). If you have a camcorder plugged in you can just hit the record mode and begin to record. KEEP in mind this is not a professional grade machine. It uses the real player to play back recordings etc. It's mainly a giant harddrive with a playback monitor built in. The nice thing about it I guess is the size vs the cost. NO where else can you get the 40GB model under $569.00 at least for what I could find. So if I can get them down to $275 it's a good deal. Im a gadget fan so I had to have it last year. Thats why I only have one arm and one leg left.

SHOOT DA MAIL!

OK the final scoop. First off the topic says 80gb and it was supposed to be 80 hours worth of recording. I got too much in a hurry and the editing is limited.

I drove 2½ hours and I was able to clean off the shelf and pickup 8 units. The units are the everything as mentioned except they are the 20GB version not 40GB. They will hold 40 hours of recorded video. I have 3 units left and can get more if needed. The units are brand new.

The units are $275+tax w/estimated shipping to your USA house $10.00. So $300.00 to your door if your interested email me. Was able to get a 60 day return policy instead of the 7 day. If you use paypal PLEAZ consider pitchin in that $9.00 fee to help out.

ICEMANN@AMERITECH.NET
937-605-0681
JD

Ref mounting. I used a stem stand mount. I fly RC helicoptors and we use industrial strength green gel sticky foam pads to mount the xmitters. I stuck that to the mount then velcro to it and the monitor. has a good battery but I ran a 12v source up to it.

JD

Back