WHO WAS IT that did the cam/video mod?

ICEMANN

Registered
Was it stunnah that did the video cam mod w/a small camera and monitor in the triple tree bolt hole?

Anyway, What size TFT monitor did you use? I cant find the post on it. Im getting ready to do a ZX9 for someone and they wanted a smaller monitor. The monitor's I normally use are 3.5" TFT LCD high pixel low glare monitors like pictured. JR cant spring for the monitor so I explained that slightly bigger monitors like 4" or 5" are cheaper. I wanted to show him the pic of who ever's bike that was but I cant find it.

If you guys are thinking of doing a rear camera application with a monitor this is the one to get. As far as mounting it.... You can use ram mounts, handlebar mounts etc, etc.

But for a DIY cheaper, functional mount that also works great for RADAR DETECTORS too, yet EXTREMELY CHEAPER is....

Take a GSXR750 or similar replacement mirror from a local shop. Aftermarket ones are about $12-$14. The twinn arm looks a little better when used. The one that when you look down at it has two skinny arms to hold the mirror instead of a thick arm with a boot over it like ours.

Remove the mirror from the end of the arm its not needed but the hardware is. Instead of mounting the mirror on the outside as normal mount it on the underside or inside, so the arm goes across infront of the speedo area. Now make a small metal square tray with a lip to bolt too. Attach it to the mount in the end where the mirror was. mount your radar detector or monitor to the tray with double sided tape or velcro and you get this.

This is a mod so some "Work it outs" might be in order for the busa but for the ZX it is perfect. Or use the $75 mount which is the same thing!

This is as close as a pic as I can get to give an idea.

zx12.jpg

I Still need the pic with the monitor mounted.
ICE

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry specs on the monitor.

Display (Viewing Area) 3.5" (2.81" x 2.07")
Resolution (Pixels) 480 x 234
Dot Pitch 0.149mm x 0.225mm
Brightness (in cd/m²) 250 cd/m²
System NTSC compatible
Inputs 1 Composite Video
Dimensions 3.5"(W) x 3.26"(H) x .92"(D)
Power Consumption 12VDC, 500mA
Weight 0.3 lbs
$239.00 free shipping
ICE

Back