FI light

pdiddy

Registered
All of a sudden my FI light came on any idea what would cause this manual says take to dealer but i figured Id check here first. Bike has 1600+ miles, the spark plugs been changed the oils been changed. one more thing but I dont think this should have caused this today I jumpered the clutch lever safety switch cause the original contact switch broke but I really don.'t think thats the why but i could be wrong???

All of a sudden my FI light came on any idea what would cause this manual says take to dealer but i figured Id check here first. Bike has 1600+ miles, the spark plugs been changed the oils been changed. one more thing but I dont think this should have caused this today I jumpered the clutch lever safety switch cause the original contact switch broke but I really don.'t think thats the why but i could be wrong???

1600 miles and the plugs have been changed and the safety switch is already broken? WTH ???

You probably forgot to hook something back up when you changed the plugs.

You can pull the code with the dealer mode plug,find out what it's doing. Thats a start. As far as the clutch switch goes, if I were you I would definitely get a pressure switch to replace the one that broke.

well not sure about FI going away, but you turn a very high tech ecu into an abacus by jumpering clutch switch. you run in all the wrong maps, early limiter, 2d timing table etc.

well not sure about FI going away, but you turn a very high tech ecu into an abacus by jumpering clutch switch. you run in all the wrong maps, early limiter, 2d timing table etc.

Did on My Busa when I jumped the Clutch Switch.....Not at Idle though, Lit it after riding for a Bit.

to first reply typo 16000 miles Ill undo the jumper and see what happens,Thinking the plugs might not be an issue since it was done 400 miles ago with no issues just included that info so all the information was given to help with solution for the fix

Also check injector plugs. If you were moving around in there you might have hit one. I chased an F1 light for a couple weeks and found out a contact in one of the injector plugs was loose.

I figured out my code easily when I had an FI light. Turned out to be a bent pin in my Bazzaz harness and easily fixed.

If you decide to crack the code, everything you need to know is here.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/threads/help-fi-warning.168907/#post-2953724

I see there is one or two pics that I moved so they are not showing in the thread. Let me know if you need those and I will repost on my thread from 2012.

I'll check back here over the next few days or you can PM me.

Back