FI light? if life could get any better

mynewride

Registered
well i just found out last night that coleman is going to try to force me into staying on second shift for another 4 weeks. it may be my 2 week notice...anyhow i went on a ride after work last night. it was a beautiful night and all. i ran her hard at times, but nothing crazy at all. mostly some 1/4 mile launches and practice runs.

anyhow i rode to el dorado to the dentist and on my way home at about 80mph or so the FI light came on. bike was not acting funny nor did it change its performance. when i got home i shut off the key and started the bike back up. no light. wtf. i have not had the regulator changed, but could this cause the fi light to come on....maybe from an undervoltage? i havnt had time to search here yet. any help would be appreciated.

thanks

im riding her to work in a bit and we will see if the light comes on again. thanks again for any advice. can i plug a pc into the ecu and use ecu editor to find codes? just an idea.

You'll need to put it into Dealer Mode while the bike is on and the FI light is on. Until that FI light comes back on, there's nothing you can do to retrieve since the ECU dumps it's memory when powering the bike off.

I just did it on a GSXR750 the other day and I believe it is the same for a Busa, although I haven't had to do it one yet.

Here's a recent post I responded to about Dealer Mode... hopefully someone else can chime and verify.

https://www.hayabusa.org/forum/gen-ii-busa-information/152098-tps-adjustment.html

Also...a decent troubleshooting link, although it is a GSXR-site. http://www.bugmanweb.com/gsxr/gsxrindex.html

Use this to pull the code then let us know . White plug under seat on left side of battery.
This will make it display error code on dash where your odometer is.
91063e16.jpg

thanks guys, i will pull the code next time it comes on. this is the first time the fi light has come on. does anyone know about the sequence to look for. like blink so many times and stay off for so long and blink for so many seconds. how many numbers will there be till it repeats? i had to do this same thing on my moms cutlas once.

thanks again for the info guys

In gauge display you will see error code where miles usually show.
Carry a wire that you know will work so when it comes on next time you can pull over,leave bike running with FI light on and stick it in there. The code will display and then you can proceed. Try it at home first to make sure you'll get right when out on the road. I've still got that same piece of wire in my trunk for same purpose.

Like this, you see 'C00' (no error)
186171d1272915977-installed-pcv-09-then-fi-light-came-error-code-off.jpg

(I googled 'Hayabusa error code' and found my own pic in the image library!)

This is a list of the most common error codes:
11398-would-good-place-error-codes-fi_system_malfuntion_codes.jpg

Yes, like he said...the FI light will not flash at you to reveal a code. The info you will be looking for is below the gear indicator.

You haven't by chance gotten a new exhaust or had any work like that done recently, have you?

Back