2008 FI light

GravityIsEvil

Registered
so last saturday i went for a ride with a group of guys about 100 miles from home. they decided to head back i wanted to go a different way. went 50 miles and the FI light came on so i pulled over let it sit for 20 min while i enjoyed the view. started it up and hauled ass home 100 mile into the ride back it came on again. took it in the dealership and it showed a p0130 o2 sensor code it was a past history and they cleared it. took it home and when back to work. finally got to take it out today and 75 miles in the FI light came on again. turned around and parked it. i have a turbo being installed in about 2 weeks i need this fixed any ideals what would be causeing this no new mods in 3000 miles. p.s. should surprise me something crappy happens every july in the last 6 years.

check all vacuum lines. How is the bike running? If its running bad or different could help people that know more here on the oRg diagnose it...

i believe from pictures i saw of Gen2s the O2 is on the right side on the midpipe area?

ok checked all the connectors looked for loose wires nada. rode around 80 miles tonight no FI light. it has happend 3 times and all occasions steady throttle. im stumped.???

if you are going turbo you wont be using the stock O2 sensor anyhow. Just turn it off in ecu editor if you are going to be flashing the ecu, and if you are going to turbo, and not planning on doing ecu flashing, i highly recommend you at least consider researching into it, will save you a ton of money, and offer far superior control vs piggyback controllers.

Who's turbo kit are you going with?

im going with the rcc turbo kit and im having richard install and tune it im doing valves springs air to air cooler base space i cant remember it all what ever richard reccomended is what im doing. my only concer beside the FI light is crossing at the border.

yeah crossing at the border can be a little bit of a pain, but the more info you have in writing the better, get a firm appointment time from richard on some of his letter head or a card or something and have it on hand, and have title and any related documents that you need with the bike, and have info on what you are having done to the bike etc. when i went there they held us for about an hour before they finally let us in.

I'm confused... is the tuner in Canada?

EDIT! My bad, just looked it up, they are in Ontario...... INTERESTING!

Last edited:
i was actually just going to say that im going riding up there with a group of friends and my wanted to tag along and not tell them anything else

Back