FI light stays on

peezo

Registered
Just installed Brock sidewinder on my 08. No other mods.
FI light stayed on and my clock alternates between
the time and FI. Put in dealer mode. Code C00 displayed.
Bike runs fine. Light is annusiance. Need help before I take in to dealer.

Disconnect/reconnect the battery, then try dealer mode again if that doesn't fix it.

have you looked to see what the code ment???? i have a simular problem, but i cant get it to through me a code.

have you looked to see what the code ment???? i have a simular problem, but i cant get it to through me a code.

Here ya go Tank

Under the driver seat there is a white plug with 4 wires in it. It doesn't plug into anything and it may or may not have a cap on it.
Use a paperclip or piece of wire to jump the red/white and black/white wires(this is safe and will not harm anything), this puts it into dealer mode.
The key must be on and it doesn't matter if the bike is running or not.
When done correctly you will get the letter "C" and a 2 digit number displayed on the dash. As said, C00 means no codes, anything else is listed below.
The picture also shows the plug with the cap on, but it's just easier to reach the pins with it off.

wire%20jump.JPG

c00 none
c12 crankshaft positions sensor, pickup coil signal, signal generator
c13 intake air pressure sensor #2, for front cylinder
c14 throttle position sensor
c15 engine coolant temp sensor
c17 intake air pressure sensor #1 for rear cylinder
c21 intake air temp sensor
c23 tip over sensor
c24 ignition signal, coil #1 for rear cylinder
c25 ignition signal, coil #2 for front cylinder
c28 secondary throttle valve actuator
c29 secondary throttle valve position sensor
c31 gear position signal switch
c32 injector signal #1 for rear cylinder
c33 injector signal #2 for front cylinder
c41 fuel pump control system, fuel pump, fuel pump relay
c42 ignition switch signal, anti theft
c44 heated oxygen sensor
c49 pair control solenoid valve

ok six i think i found the wire but it has wires coming out of both ends should i disconect one end?

No, you should have that white plug with 4 wires going into it, but nothing plugged into it(other than a cap if it's on there)

Here ya go Tank

Under the driver seat there is a white plug with 4 wires in it. It doesn't plug into anything and it may or may not have a cap on it.
Use a paperclip or piece of wire to jump the red/white and black/white wires(this is safe and will not harm anything), this puts it into dealer mode.
The key must be on and it doesn't matter if the bike is running or not.
When done correctly you will get the letter "C" and a 2 digit number displayed on the dash. As said, C00 means no codes, anything else is listed below.
The picture also shows the plug with the cap on, but it's just easier to reach the pins with it off.

ok six this is the only wire there it on the rite side of the battery.

f1 wire.jpg

f1wires2.jpg

ok six this is the only wire there it on the rite side of the battery.

I can't tell from the picture, but does one side of that white plug have the 4 wires in it like the picture above? And, Is the other side of it a factory wire? Or has someone electrical taped it up?

I can't tell from the picture, but does one side of that white plug have the 4 wires in it like the picture above? And, Is the other side of it a factory wire? Or has someone electrical taped it up?

ok i think i got the rite one it showed c92 code

ok i think i got the rite one it showed c92 code

I don't know what that is, I'll have to dig for some more codes. I thought the above list had them all on it.
I have to go out now, but I'll be back to get them later if no one else has by then. :beerchug:

Back