ABS light stays on.

Noodle

Registered
How’s it going? So my ABS light stays and my abs is Disengaged (obviously right?). I cleaned the contacts and chased the wires to insure nothing is bent cracked or corroded and the light is still on. How do I renegade my ABS? Thanks in advanced.

Have you looked at the fuse ? Sensor ring missing off a wheel ? are both sensors seated correctly ? front / rear

I wonder. If you had an open circuit would the light come on? Not really sure how that works. Was just curious since the light comes on when starting the bike, then only goes out once you start riding and give the system a chance for a self test.
Maybe a cut/burnt wire? Some electrical systems in the aviation world work like this. Just a thougt. Totally a stretch, and if c10 cant figure this out, u must need a new one! Lol
Good luck with it.
Troy

I thought the ABS on the bird was a stand alone system not connected to the ECU . Tomorrow ill have a dive into the BLUE pages of the service manual . ( blue pages are the ABS section ) its like Suzuki took the service manual for 2008 to 2012 , and added about 100 blue pages for the 2013 , and up covering brakes / associated electronics .

I did forget to mention saw a note ( warning ) no magnets anywhere close to sensors or damage could happen to them .

I thought the ABS on the bird was a stand alone system not connected to the ECU . Tomorrow ill have a dive into the BLUE pages of the service manual . ( blue pages are the ABS section ) its like Suzuki took the service manual for 2008 to 2012 , and added about 100 blue pages for the 2013 , and up covering brakes / associated electronics .
Do you have the electronic manual or the book? If you don’t mind me asking.

I wonder. If you had an open circuit would the light come on? Not really sure how that works. Was just curious since the light comes on when starting the bike, then only goes out once you start riding and give the system a chance for a self test.
Maybe a cut/burnt wire? Some electrical systems in the aviation world work like this. Just a thougt. Totally a stretch, and if c10 cant figure this out, u must need a new one! Lol
Good luck with it.
Troy
I chased all wires and everything leading to the sensors. Cleaned the sensors and checked the abs ring. I honestly don’t know what else to do to her.

I think I would assume a bad wheel sensor, maybe hit something?? I hate throwing parts at it not knowing for sure, but I would buy one and try front or rear. If that doesnt do it, switch. U could test with a v/o meter first as a check too. Other than that, I am out of ideas. Sorry bud.
Troy

DSC_4427.JPG

DSC_4428.JPG

DSC_4429.JPG

DSC_4430.JPG

DSC_4431.JPG

15343745600362917115265126310784.jpg

Back